visible network no connection!

M

markkeulen

Hello, I have a network (crossed UTP) XPpro to win98sec, an static ip adres 192.168.0.1 and .2. I have pinged both machines in dos.... no problemo.:D

In xppro and in win98sec we can both see the network, the pc's, and the shared drives when cliking on the network pc, BUT when we double click on the drive, the pc shows no more activity. The only way to shut it down is to shut down the pc.:(

I think it is a shared issue in xp, but there is no firewall enable'd.

Who can help me out.
Mark

How long do you wait? It can take a while before the computer responds again. If you don't get any error messages, just try to wait it out for starters.

You could also check your settings and make sure NetBIOS is enabled and so on (not absolutely sure it's required, just pretty sure).

Well I've been waiting. and it seems to take about 20 minutes to get acces to the network.

I've also installed netbui, no change

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back