Viruses!!!

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
I THINK I HAVE ANOTHER GOD DAMN VIRUS.
I TRY TO GOT TO USER ACCOUNTS ON CONTROL PANNEL BUT WEN I CLICK THE USER ACCOUNTS ICON NOTHING HAPPENS? ALSO I CLIK ON WORD AN IT SAYS .....IS NOT A VALID 32BIT APPLICATION" IT DOES THE SAME WEN I CLICK ON DEFRAG. IVE TRIED REVOVERY AN RESTOERE BUT ITS STILL THERE, I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO REBOOT MY COMP PLEASE HELP ME!!

THANX

STE_W

well screaming and cussing about it ain't going to help,

run ur virus scanner

:cool:

Which virus scanner?
I dont have one?
where can i get one then (free)

THANX

it sounds like a virus that modifies how exes run in the registry. if not a virus, try a registry check utility like norton windoctor 2002.

Originally posted by ste_w
Which virus scanner?
I dont have one?
where can i get one then (free)

THANX

Dude, I know you are pissed, but the First rule of computer downloading is to have a virus scanner. I had 6 last month.
www.pandasoftware.com

u cant beat the 340 my brother had after his system scan

I run two major firewalls and two virus scanners(one NAV, and one that not many know about, but outperformes NAV)

you must be safe son. My parents never update their damn computer virus definitions, i updloaded a new virus checked, updated it and ran it... they had like 58 virus' from emails and shit...

Quote: "(one NAV, and one that not many know about, but outperformes NAV)"

Cool, but which app is this that "outperforms" NAV?

I dont install firewalls, I dont run firewalls, I dont install antivirus programs. I scane my computer for a virus once a week, with

http://housecall.antivirus.com

I have never EVER had a virus, and I have never EVER been hacked. Common sense and a little software knowledge is much better protection then installing half a dozen programs that use all your memory, and interfere with all your games and apps, and prevent you from controlling your computer.

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Quote: "(one NAV, and one that not many know about, but outperformes NAV)"

Cool, but which app is this that "outperforms" NAV?

Shh its a secret... www.quickheal.com

spanko, you either don't use the internet alot, don't get alot of emails or everything you do online is legit and never download files from file sharing networks or other warez... my programs don't intefere with anything... if they do, then the user is retarted

Iv'e had this same error, everytime you try to run any sort of pragramme an error message appears, had this happen only this morning (again).

I have no viruses on my machine (that Norton can detect) I also use spyware removers and a firewall.

It took two re-boots to cure, don't know what caused it but it was not a virus. There were also errors on the volume reported.

The last time this happened I re-booted and a message something like ("can't find "c:\Windows\System32 "?????.???")

I had to perform a clean install of XP and re-format the two drives I have.

You can try (using the recovery consul) chkdsk /p.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back