The Place for Theme Development
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register
Profile Login to check your private messages Login

counters

ThemeXP Forum Index -> Suggestions & Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic
braveheart

Posted: Jun 11, 2002 11:22 pm Post subject: counters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to the moderators

I have a question. How many visitors do you have in the last ....lets say 6 hours?

Clarck

Greg (ThemeXP)

Posted: Jun 12, 2002 4:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly have absolutely no clue. It's a helluva a lot, I can tell you that. But as for actual counters of visitors, the stat is unavailable to me. Only the amount of transfer and what and how many pages are transfered are potentially at my fingertips, but even those I'd have to activate and cause all sorts of ruckus to find out. But it's quite a few, as our bandwidth usage indicates.

Anonymous

Posted: Jun 12, 2002 5:06 am Post subject:

thanks for you reply Greg

what is the bandwidth? and the connection you use is that glasfiber or ....

because of the amount of downloads the traffic must be more than 12 gig a sec sometimes

and why isn't the counter visible for you or the users of this site? it might explain why sometimes the connection is so bad that the mysql warnings fly around our ears.

the stats would explain and maybe people can understand better and or have more patients.

btw the argues on the net about tempering the counters would stop or be less

maybe a tip

other people love to look in the kitchen of some one else

clarck

braveheart

Posted: Jun 12, 2002 5:08 am Post subject:

sorry forgot to put my name down

braveheart

Posted: Jun 12, 2002 3:53 pm Post subject:

Greg

I direct this to you because you where the one that replied.
Is it possible that you give an answer to my questions please?

Because in some cases I wonder how it's possible, I mean the counters, I have some work I want to post. The counters are really attractive but I want to be sure that they are realistic.

If you want to know what I mean, I have an example that I can refer to Legoguy : theme : Plexiglas V2 FINAL : Published 2002-06-11 time 18:50:51 your time, according to the view and download counter your visit rate must be tremendously high.

I hope you will reply with an answer

sincerely
clarck

braveheart

Posted: Jun 12, 2002 10:15 pm Post subject:

Greg

Sorry that you don't responed to my questions
It might clear up a few things.

Maybe it's a lac of time and I hope that you still answer my questions.

clarck

Greg (ThemeXP)

Posted: Jun 14, 2002 12:23 am Post subject:

Sorry, forums have been slow (looking into it ) and I have a crazy schedule this week.

Our bandwidth usage is extremely high, averaging around 15-18 Mbit.

A counter isn't on the site because it would require logs, which require a good amount of space. We already use up quite a good chunk and we need to keep it to a minimum. Overrun of harddrive space has been the cause of some problems in the past.

As for the download and view statistics, sometimes they're highly inflated for various reasons, mostly due to multiple page requests from download accelerators. However, some people assume too much. The submission date is the last time the submission was updated, but stats are kept with each submission. So it's entirely possibly to have huge stats but a recent submission date.

Hope that answers your questions By the way, although everyone likes to look in someone else's kitchen, no one likes people peeking in their own.

braveheart

Posted: Jun 14, 2002 9:29 am Post subject:

Greg
Thank you very much for your answers it explains a lot

I hope sometime there is room for a counter

keep up the work

Clarck

braveheart

Posted: Jun 16, 2002 10:25 pm Post subject: is an idiot.

***Edit by GazmanAus***

You're an idiot, chubb. I'm going to delete any posts you make, fool, so look out.

braveheart

Posted: Jun 24, 2002 9:23 pm Post subject: is an idiot.

braveheart wrote:

***Edit by GazmanAus***

You're an idiot, chubb. I'm going to delete any posts you make, fool, so look out.

EXCUSE me my son!!?who the hell is chubb??

Greg (ThemeXP)

Posted: Jun 24, 2002 9:28 pm Post subject:

Chubb is an idiot that makes stupid and innane posts to ThemeXP for some unknown reason. There is a bug in phpBB's software that, when two non-registered users post back-to-back, the 2nd one will default to the username of the poster beforehand. This is what happened above. Chubb posted as an unregistered user right after your post, and GazmanAus edited his post because of its content. It just happened to have your username on it, through no fault of your own. Sorry for the confusion.

to greg

Posted: Jun 28, 2002 7:31 pm Post subject:

Greg (ThemeXP) wrote:

Chubb is an idiot that makes stupid and innane posts to ThemeXP for some unknown reason. There is a bug in phpBB's software that, when two non-registered users post back-to-back, the 2nd one will default to the username of the poster beforehand. This is what happened above. Chubb posted as an unregistered user right after your post, and GazmanAus edited his post because of its content. It just happened to have your username on it, through no fault of your own. Sorry for the confusion.

CHUBB is an idiot ??
Dont tell your punters that your site sends
VERY BIG VIRUSES OUT ??COS YOUR FRIGHTENED THAT HE MIGHT KNOW MORE THAN YOU.And not to upset any one!COS WE WILL SEND YOU A VIRUS.Its not chubb thats an idiot,hes dumb for ever even comming on your site.Reason you are false!and thats what people want
false info?

to greg

Posted: Jun 28, 2002 7:42 pm Post subject: i agree

to greg wrote:

Greg (ThemeXP) wrote:

CHUBB is an idiot ??
Dont tell your punters that your site sends
VERY BIG VIRUSES OUT ??COS YOUR FRIGHTENED THAT HE MIGHT KNOW MORE THAN YOU.And not to upset any one!COS WE WILL SEND YOU A VIRUS.Its not chubb thats an idiot,hes dumb for ever even comming on your site.Reason you are false!and thats what people want
false info?

Same thing happened to me

braveheart

Posted: Jun 28, 2002 7:50 pm Post subject: is an idiot.

braveheart wrote:

***Edit by GazmanAus***

Got the picture now gaz!You are the virus sender? BE COOL!

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

ThemeXP Forum Index -> Suggestions & Site Problems All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: Select a forum XP Themes----------------Theme DiscussionStyleXP and StyleBuilderTheme SoftwareOther Theme Topics ThemeXP.org----------------Suggestions & Site Problems General Chat----------------Anything Goes

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum