Virus Spam From Microsoft

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Hello all,

I am being spammed with the following viruses:
W32.HLLW.Mankx@mm
and
W32.Klez.H@mm

These are both from support @ microsoft!!

I know they ain't coming from them, I have recieved 5 so far!

Hopefully I don't get no more :)

Skazz

All I can say is: Update your AV and Firewall (not to you, SU, but to the rest of the world)

We got an e-mail from microsoft today but we deleted it as soon as we saw it...I'm not that daft to open it :)

I've never ever received even one virus letter. I have no clue why since everyone else gets tons of them...

I very rarely get any, but I did get this one, Norton picked it up nicely though

I've been getting loads from "microsoft" to an (un-used :rolleyes: ) yahoo! account. I just automatically delete them.

Originally posted by Zedric
I've never ever received even one virus letter. I have no clue why since everyone else gets tons of them...

*e-mails Zedric a virus so he doesn't feel left out*

Basically I think that places like yahoo that publically list there members pages/profiles are just asking for their members to be spammed, the same goes for the ICQ directory, if you put your e-mail addy into your details, it can be parsed from the site by a robot in no time.

True but it tends now that dictionary methods are used more than harvested email addresses.

If microsoft were to release their "patches" via email they would be just as destructive as a virus!!

Enyo, yeah, I've noticed that the to field is a lot more alphabestised recently :p
I suppose they can use a combo of both to be really annoying, either way it's a pain, I've gotten to used so deleting all the crap i get now though, its just an automatic reaction and it doesn't bother me anymore.

rushm001, there's nothing wrong with Microsofts patches, they work fine for me ;)

Originally posted by xsivforce
*e-mails Zedric a virus so he doesn't feel left out*

*oohhh a mail, I wonder what this attachment is...*
*click*
*....*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back