• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Virus Maybe?

My friend just called me and said when he first goes into IE right after a fresh boot or reboot this shows in the address bar: http://homep% ...This address is much longer....>

He can't get any antivirus to run. He has tried Trendmicro online and it tells him there isn't anything however it couldn't scan system32.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
puzzled

so the only anomalous behaviour is in IE? What is preventing the running of any AV? Can he run a hijackthis! and does it show anything up? I think more info will be needed to go anywhere wth this

L

Lee

It says open intranet, why don't you just change you start page to blank about:blank

I will pass the information along. The funny thing is that I installed all the above mention programs on his computer when I built it. Told him to update often and run them at least every other day. Do they listen NO!!!!! Guess who is the first person to get the phone call. Then you have to go around and around with them cause they do not have a clue about computers. Do I ever learn.. NO...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies