Virus Found - Access Denied!!

Lonman

Bleh!
I read the article about the new "goner" worm on the homepage and thought to myself, "hey, good time to download the new virus definitions (for Norton AV 2002)!" Turns out i'm being attacked by W32.Nimba.enc. I ran Webroot's Window Washer to get rid of all the Temporary internet files, cookies, etc. Now i'm in the process of doing a full system scan with Norton AV.

Without a good Anti-Virus running i'd probably be formatting my C:\ Drive about now, scratching my head, and wondering, "NOW what did i do wrong?!"

Just wanted to post this to encourage you to update those definition files and wish you happy computing.

The best thing that you can do is setup your virus program to do automatic updates. While this is no guarentee that you will not get infected from a brand new virus it will significantly reduce your exposure to virus that have been out for more than a week or so. When the Goner was going around yesterday morning (eastern time) none of the anti-virus programs were catching it but by the afternoon they all had updates that would catch it.

So as Lonman said, update your virus definitions and do a scan, you might be surprised by what you find.

hmmmm....

I've never had a virus checker on my comp... (thank goodness none of u 13 year olds know my IP :)) and i've never been hit... well hit causing mass destruction etc... and i'm a high computer/internet user!

MdSalih

nimda the b*tch

Pffff

I was hit by nimda to once formatted the hd and installed xp on it olmost a week later norton start's to FREAK it say'd nimda was running but after a few system scan's nothing turned up so after a while nothing happend and the error's just stopped so I guess when overwrithing a cluster or so it became active and norton bounced on it or something but hey no waring's anymore so I'm happy overall

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Greetings Franky

that is right always update your virsu definitions. This morning the symantec website was down so i could not get them

Once you've identified the threat delete all your temporary internet files. This should help stop recurring attempts by many of the script based virii launchers. I finished my scan - Viruses: zero, Norton: (makes about 10 now i guess). :)

ugh...my NAV wasn't auto-downloading the virus definitions. checked all options.

Just reinstalled Norton's. hopefully, it'll work now...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back