virtual memory error :(

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
:( I had my virtual memmory setting set to 1.5X my ram witch is 1 gig. But today while playing AAO my game crashed and I got a message saying that my system ran out of virtual memory! I had it set to 15xx megs minimum and 16xx max, I now have it set to 2500 megs min 2600 megs max to make sure that it doesn't happen again. My pagefile is on my OS partition witch is a 44.5 gig partition, of that 24.8 gigs are available.

My questions are these:

1) With increasing the virtual memory, should this prevent the problem
2) could there be a problem with my pagefile, and if so should I delete it and allow it to rebuild itself? I know it is not fragmented as I have that system defragger program installed that runs at startup.
3) does anyone see a problem with the new virtual memory settings that I have set, and if so what recomendations do you have.

I believe the general belief is that you should set set min to like 2mb and OS to set max :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back