Virtual Drive app/Image burner

ming

OSNN Advanced
I'm a bit confused as to which piece of software I should have on my PC between the following:

• Alcohol
  • PowerISO
  • Daemon Tools
Can anyone suggest the best ONE out of the three above because in the past I've had to install all three to complete various tasks, but all three are rarely used except for viewing images or acting as a virtual drive.
I like alcohol and daemon tools as it allows me to put my game discs away while playing, but I found that PowerISO is compatible with certain files that the other two don't.
BUT, and a big BUT, I'm wondering if PowerISO and daemon tools are plagued with adware/spyware since they seem to add unwanted items on to my PC.

Any suggestions?

I think Daemon Tools is the best one. I use Imgburn to burn the image files, so I don't need alcohol. Daemon Tools does come with a tool bar, As does the free version of Alcohol, the diff is that in order to use Alcohol you have to have the toolbar installed - You remove the toolbar, you remove alocohol. - With Daemon Tools you have a choice to install the Toolbar or not, if you select no it will not install it.

I was skeptical about using Daemon Tools because of the toolbar, but figured I would try it anyhow. You are not forced to use the toolbar and it will fully work without it.

The best thing about it is that Daemon Tools is the only one that is free ... Also Daemon Tools has securom so you can play game isos that have a protection on them; Alcohol and PowerISO do not ... And I think Daemon Tools will mount more images than the other two as well.

i prefer alcohol 120%. deamon tools had adware, not sure if it has any now since i never gave it another chance.

as for image burning, definitely ImgBurn

the diff is that in order to use Alcohol you have to have the toolbar installed - You remove the toolbar, you remove alocohol

i don't have any alcohol toolbar, shortcuts etc. i mount images by right-clicking on the virtual drive and selecting to mount an image. the whole thing can be managed with a simple right-click, no need to run alcohol or any services :)

i prefer alcohol 120%. deamon tools had adware, not sure if it has any now since i never gave it another chance.

as for image burning, definitely ImgBurn

i don't have any alcohol toolbar, shortcuts etc. i mount images by right-clicking on the virtual drive and selecting to mount an image. the whole thing can be managed with a simple right-click, no need to run alcohol or any services :)

So you own it then ??? or did you get the "web" version ?? I am talking about free and I didn't see in his post about wanting to pay for it ...

So you own it then ???

yes

I am talking about free and I didn't see in his post about wanting to pay for it ...

ming listed 3 programs he would like to choose from, in that list was alcohol, which i prefer. i just assumed he would buy it

Well, I use Deamon Tools and I think it fulfills all my needs adaquitly (sp). The installer does have adware bundled with it, but you can uncheck it when you are installing the software.

I used to use Alcohol 120% but I have found that its not very useful anymore. Its virtual drive is behind in regards to Deamon Tools and the burning capabilities are nothing special. You can use other burning software for that.

Power ISO does have its uses, but I dont use for anything except the occasional files that require it. I have disabled its built in virtual drive and do not use it for burning.

So essentially I'm saying because all of these apps have their specific uses you would probably be best with all three of them or at least two of them installed.

yes

ming listed 3 programs he would like to choose from, in that list was alcohol, which i prefer. i just assumed he would buy it

Yeah, I thought he was talking about not paying. at least we tried :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back