Virtual Desktop Manager Powertoy for XP

E

Eve

Believe me I know how stupid I'm going to sound for asking this question, but here goes:

I've just downloaded the virtual desktop manager powertoy for XP from the microsoft site and I can't find it *lol* :eek: Yes I know, I am so stupid. It lists it in add/remove programs and I have tried repairing it just in case but I can't find it anywhere. It's not in Control Panel, C:/, Windows, Program Files, Start Menu, All Programs menu, desktop properties, and on and on and on. You get the picture.

It didn't come with any documentation. I just downloaded it, and clicked on the setup file, even watching it install didn't give any indication of where it was going.

I was just wondering if anyone else has used it, and obviously enough, WHERE IS IT? Or if I just downloaded a dogy copy and should uninstall and try again?

Thanks for not laughing too much. :rolleyes:

Eve

Rightclick your taskbar, go to toolbars and click on Desktop Manager.

Thanks Yoyo. HOw stupid am I? *lol* Seriously though you'd think they'd tell you how to use it, I mean we're not all psycic (can't spell). I gather though this is something like desktop architect for win98? god I miss that program. except it lets you choose from 4 different themes. Or something like that. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I thought that was what I was downloading.

You are not stupid... you just didnt know. Thats not stupid. You were smart enough to at least ask. Most ppl dont do that.

The program is well hidden. I remember there was an explanation how to find it in the old Powertoy set. VDM lets you create up to four different desktops, with different wallpapers and different windows opened in it. Don't know Desktop Architect so can't tell if it is similar.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back