Virginmedia - how to remove intercepting dns errors

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
If your in the UK and are a customer of virginmedias broadband service, you may wish to turn off its ability to intercept bad dns requests, which it will then send you to a customised page giving you suggestions on what you might have been looking for.

To turn off this feature, login to selfcare and then click on the link below (it does say its in my virgin media but f**k if i could find it)

https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/settings

Click save and then your good to go, its then back to just resolving names like a good dns server should do :)

(even if it is cached dns ;) )

EDIT: seems you dont even have to login to your account to do it

Always used Opendns so i have never come across this problem. Have tried Google DNS and cannot see much difference.

Always used Opendns so i have never come across this problem. Have tried Google DNS and cannot see much difference.

Opendns uses bad domain name redirects which is what dark is referring to. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back