VIP! Strong Concern over XP SP1 Press Release: Please confirm/explain!

P

petdevils

PLEASE DECIPHER FOR ME CAUSE I"M A LITTLE CONFUSED?

Please tell me i'm unnecessarily anxious .... i'm deeply concerned over the contents... i'm unsure what they mean will happen if one installs the sp regarding the removal of end-user access to ... windows media player etc........ of the paragraph quoted below from the XP SP1 Press Release @
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2002/aug02/08-30WinXPSP1PR.asp:

"Windows XP SP1 Provides Enhanced Security

Windows XP SP1 includes all of the security patches available via Windows Update. It also contains all updates resulting from the Windows code review conducted earlier this year as part of the Trustworthy Computing initiative.

In addition to the traditional service pack updates, Windows XP SP1 delivers the required changes of the proposed consent decree signed with the U.S. Department of Justice and nine state attorneys general. The changes allow both computer manufacturers and users to remove end-user access to Microsoft® Internet Explorer browser software, Windows Media™ Player, Windows Messenger, Outlook® Express and Microsoft's Java virtual machine. This is just one of many components of the compliance effort undertaken by Microsoft since the consent decree was signed in November 2001."

I wouldn't bother and hope nobody else does, I am personally offended by your sig and would think most here are more patriotic towards the country they live in :mad: :mad: :mad:

May the blue bird of happiness **** all over you.

what the .... ????????????????

OMG that came outta nowhere.... you gotta chill man.. just joking bout John Howard's nasty eyebrows .... not knocking Australia... love the place.... but i don't love the very small percentage of narky people who can't read bewteen the lines or even see the bleeding obvious ........ relax and use some common sense before you open your mouth next time

btw it wasn't my sig... it was localation and australians are proud... not patriotic..... ... details ... details ...

I am proud to be an aussie who is nothing like you!

good day to you.

Originally posted by djmorgan
I wouldn't bother and hope nobody else does, I am personally offended by your sig and would think most here are more patriotic towards the country they live in :mad: :mad: :mad:

May the blue bird of happiness **** all over you.

Petdevils or devils pet!

Don't presume to lecture me, you removed the offending location and that's all I wanted, I don't care about your political motivation or even if you are old enough to vote.

I do care about you calling this country a "banana Republic" and how would anybody know if it was said tongue in cheek? on that basis I could call you a jerk..

"patriotic

\Pa`tri*ot"ic\, a. [Cf. F. patriotique, Gr. ? belonging to a fellow-countryman.] Inspired by patriotism; actuated by love of one's country; zealously and unselfishly devoted to the service of one's country; as, a patriotic statesman, vigilance. "

All was said in jest........ you must be real fun at a party.... hang out in morgues? tongues usually are in the general area of cheeks so that is usually assumed....... you're calling me a jerk.... you are the only one who seems to being acting like a jerk... if i hated this country ... wouldn't i say ... 'i hate australia' etc... but no... i dared to jest.... big deal... just cause you have no sense of humour... and this is australia buddy... we are proud of our country ....... we are not american... we don't say god bless australia... we say its sweet.

i removed it because i did not care to hear any more nonsense from the likes of you... however more so because it looked cluttered.

just do yourself a favour and shut up.... people don't come to ntfs to fight with other people over complete non-events like this... get a life... get off the computer... go outside ... get some sun... find some people... and try and speak to someone for more than 5 minutes without embarassing yourself making a scene with your inability to communicate or merely tolerate existing within the same room as another(?) person.

i won't bid you a good day... its dragged on now.... its good night

Originally posted by djmorgan
Petdevils or devils pet!

Don't presume to lecture me, you removed the offending location and that's all I wanted, I don't care about your political motivation or even if you are old enough to vote.

I do care about you calling this country a "banana Republic" and how would anybody know if it was said tongue in cheek? on that basis I could call you a jerk..

"patriotic

\Pa`tri*ot"ic\, a. [Cf. F. patriotique, Gr. ? belonging to a fellow-countryman.] Inspired by patriotism; actuated by love of one's country; zealously and unselfishly devoted to the service of one's country; as, a patriotic statesman, vigilance. "

OK, guys. Time out. No more flamin' or this thread will be closed.

As for the question. Its nothing to worry about. It means if people want to they can remove certain key components (like MP, IE) it doesn't delete them automatically

Thanks for the answer khayman and sorry bout the unnecessary discussion... later

djmorgan...most people (most) do not mean to be offensive when they are being that, and pointing it out will usually resolve the issue...what's funny to some is sometomes offensive, andI have been guilty of both of these sides to the story...ussually, it's best to just inform the person what they've said was offensive, and a good 94% of the time, the oppology soon follows...anyway, I hope you accept petdevils oppology for what he thought was funny

Australia Sucks!

hehe. Just Kidding. I love kangaroos and Aboriginals, they make me laugh.

dealer

That's what I did - told him I was offended :rolleyes:

He was the one to bite back not me.

*Looks at the first post ... then gets lost in the forest of flames* :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back