viewing source in webpage

JJH35

OSNN Addict
i know you can view source on webpage by right click, i dont want friends to view source so i disabled right click but u can still view source by the View tab how can i stop them from viewing source?

You can't. Not to anybody with any intelligence anyway. Even if you could disable "view" which I don't think you can, anybody can save the page to their system and view code all day. And why would you want to?

I don't think it's possible to hide the view-source option from the menubar, however, if you open a new window you can have it open without the menubar.

if you put your website in frames and make the main frame cover the whole screen (so the second frame is just 1 pixel or somthing)
then when they view source all they will see is the frames source

i think that www.anti-leech.com has something that will hide the code for your webpage. i'm not sure though, i just came across it and haven't had much time to look at it.

i THINK at www.dynamicdrive.com i think the link is
you can use a java thing that scrambles your source
i think i saw it there ages ago
i could of been dreaming though...
cheers

if you use frames to hide the source code then if someone "Views source" it will just give the name of the real page...
like rick says there are source code scramblers out there, this is possibly the best option, but if someone is determined to see your source then they will ... theres no REAL way to hide it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back