Viewing Folders

I've had this problem for awhile, its mainly just a really annoying one, whenever i look in a folder with alot of video files, it basicaly reloads explorer, like the screen goes to just my wallpaper, and it reloads the startbar etc, I have tried changing the view options to list but it reloads before i can save it. Any ideas?

Backup the registry first.....just in case.

Might work might not.

Avi files (divx) can be trouble in xp. there is a fix to let xp behave much better so it's possible to move or delete large avi files. The obnoxious bug in XP that causes Explorer to read the entire contents of broken AVI files before allowing any access to them is caused by bad behavior of shmedia.dll.

To correct this misbehavior in Windows XP, remove the following
registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClas
sesCLSID{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}InProcServer32

This will prevent Explorer from loading shmedia.dll in response to file property queries on these files.

Just an extra note, if you do a "search" for this key it will not be found, look for it manually it is very easy to find.

anyone else can confirm this tweak? not saying it doesn't work or not, but I like a few opinions before i do a registery tweak,

Leaderz0rz, this is the common, often used, fix for the problem. Just rightclick the key first and choose export. If you are unhappy in any way with the change you can always merge back the reg file you created this way.

Btw Hipster, if you collapse the folder tree in regedit until only "My Computer" is shown a search should find the key.

No worries yoyo that's how I got the tweak months ago. Haven't edited it. :D

Good to see you still around. :) ...............to keep the rest of us on our toes. :D :D

all i wanted to hear, i am not an avid reg editor, so I like to be more careful when editing it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back