Viewer User Profiles

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
Was looking at someone's profile and notified they were viewing some PM's.. and that it will actually display the name of the person who sent them a PM.

Not really sure how I feel about it. I suppose I don't really care that someone knows I sent this person a PM, but.. meh..

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    1.5 KB · Views: 121
If you don't really care then what is the problem dear? :rolleyes:

I can see how that would bother some people, if you were reading your mail (real mail) and your nosey neighbor knew who it was from, would that not bother you a little bit?

Not really a huge deal, but I can see how that would bother some.

But the shady voyeurism isn't all that nice. Who has this authority? Mods? If it was just admins, I could understand (but still blatant voyerism nonetheless).

I can see how that would bother some people, if you were reading your mail (real mail) and your nosey neighbor knew who it was from, would that not bother you a little bit?
Er no.
But the shady voyeurism isn't all that nice. Who has this authority? Mods? If it was just admins, I could understand (but still blatant voyerism nonetheless).
There's a name and only a name,it's not like everyone can read what is say's :rolleyes:

Hard to tell if you can see this stuff because you have slightly elevated rights.

Anyway, slightly newer version of vBulletin now, but I am pretty sure its working as intended.

I remember back as a legacy mod you'd get the IP addresses also, not now tho.

Edit, I get it also.

Attachments

• Online.JPG
    Online.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 113
Don't think legacy mods exist anymore, think you have to be a mod+ now :D

admins, and sometimes moderators, can see search queries, error pages, ip addresses, user agent (browser and browser version, operating system and version) and the exact url a member is viewing.

that's on current vbulletin. not sure about other software :)

Seems good now, won't tell you who I was spying on though ;)

Attachments

• pm.JPG
    pm.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 100
hmmm it could just be the person is viewing his/her inbox though, and not creating/viewing a message yet :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back