Viewer User Profiles

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
Was looking at someone's profile and notified they were viewing some PM's.. and that it will actually display the name of the person who sent them a PM.

Not really sure how I feel about it. I suppose I don't really care that someone knows I sent this person a PM, but.. meh..

Attachments

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I can see how that would bother some people, if you were reading your mail (real mail) and your nosey neighbor knew who it was from, would that not bother you a little bit?

Not really a huge deal, but I can see how that would bother some.

Petros

Thief IV
But the shady voyeurism isn't all that nice. Who has this authority? Mods? If it was just admins, I could understand (but still blatant voyerism nonetheless).

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I can see how that would bother some people, if you were reading your mail (real mail) and your nosey neighbor knew who it was from, would that not bother you a little bit?
Er no.
But the shady voyeurism isn't all that nice. Who has this authority? Mods? If it was just admins, I could understand (but still blatant voyerism nonetheless).
There's a name and only a name,it's not like everyone can read what is say's :rolleyes:

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Hard to tell if you can see this stuff because you have slightly elevated rights.

Anyway, slightly newer version of vBulletin now, but I am pretty sure its working as intended.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
I remember back as a legacy mod you'd get the IP addresses also, not now tho.

Edit, I get it also.

Attachments

vertigo

OSNN Senior Addict
admins, and sometimes moderators, can see search queries, error pages, ip addresses, user agent (browser and browser version, operating system and version) and the exact url a member is viewing.

that's on current vbulletin. not sure about other software :)

vertigo

OSNN Senior Addict
hmmm it could just be the person is viewing his/her inbox though, and not creating/viewing a message yet :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barrous