"View>Thumbnails" keeps going back to "Detailed" view in My Pictures folder

A

Armed and DWI

My default folder view for all folders is Details. However, I like my My Pictures folder on thumbnails - obviously this makes sense.

So in windows explorer I'll click View then Thumbnails. It'll stay like that for a random amount of time (few hours, few days), but I keep finding my self having to put it back on Thumbnails.

VERY ANNOYING - anyone know why?

Yes it definitely is checked. I guess the lack of replies means no one knows the answer to this mystery.

I've definitely had the same problem too though I haven't found a way to keep the folder showing thumbnails. Very annoying!

well I never had the problem just checking this post while I am in class...

I woulda thought that you had to change your settings but appears that you do have eveything turned on that you needed to..

might be a minor bug in your sys...

out of curiosity have you always had this problem... just let me know and next break I will respond...

Sometimes windows XP forgets it's folder view settings.

Here is the solution.

Backup these RegKeys.

1:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Sh
ellNoRoam\BagMRU]

2:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Sh
ellNoRoam\Bags]

After that you must delete them.

Restart windows to take effect.

Now you can change each folder and the setting will stay.

(by Qumahlin)

Originally posted by Khayman
Sometimes windows XP forgets it's folder view settings.

Here is the solution.

Backup these RegKeys.

1:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Sh
ellNoRoam\BagMRU]

2:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Sh
ellNoRoam\Bags]

After that you must delete them.

Restart windows to take effect.

Now you can change each folder and the setting will stay.

(by Qumahlin)

Okay before I did as you said, I went to the My Pictures folder and did View>Thumbnails. Then I deleted the keys and rebooted. I went to the My Pictures folder again, and it was back on details. So I did View>Thumbnails once again, and rebooted. So AGAIN I check the My Pictures folder, and it's correctly on Thumbnails.

Like I said in the original post, it might be days before it got reset, so I'll have to wait and see if this tweak worked.

By the way - where did you get this tweak, because I looked and could not find it. Also, those registry keys that you say need to be deleted are REALLY big - am I deleting more than necessary? What else do those keys do?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back