view dvd ontv

C

clivemajor

Can anyone tell me how i can watch a dvd on my tv screen i have the leads connected but there is no option to swich to tv in properties

what kind of video card is it? i know some video cards dont have multimonitor capability so you would have to connect the card straight to the tv without connecting it to your monitor.

If you have your Vid Card connected to you TV .. just switch TV to VIDEO ..

In the advanced section of your graphics card properties screen you should have a option tab for Device Selection - usually that tab will have radio buttons for selecting analogue monitor or TV. If they are not there try installing the latest detonator drivers. Hope this helps.

One more thing - the GEFORCE 3 only has 1 RAMDAC so you can't view TV & Monitor at the same time - If you want to use your PC through the monitor and watch a DVD on the TV at the same time you'd either need another video card with twin view capabilities or if it's just for DVD decodong a hardware decoder card with TV output. I had a creative DVD decoder card, but it was too old for XP...the win 2000 drivers were none too stable and unless I find some new drivers I won't give it a try. I'm considering going dual boot and putting win 98 se on, but I'm not sure if 98 will boot on a dually - it might freak out as it can't cope with 2 processors, but then again it might only recognise the first one and be OK...or I could just put the card in my other rig which is running ME with an old Athlon 600...should be up to DVD playing!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back