Videoproblem

O

Orpheus

I have a big problem:

I have a ECS K75SA motherboard, AMD Athlon 1900+ XP processor, nVidia TNT2 videocard, Philips 105S monitor, onboard soundcard.

When I want to play a game, the screen minimalizes and I only hear sound and see the desktop again. I have it with every game, no matter what. The card and monitor work fine in a P266 PC. I have tried EVERY configuration: screen resolution, refresh rates, 16-32 bits, hardwareaccelarations. I have the detonator 23.11 driver from nVidia and the latest XP dtiver from the monitor.
I used cacheman for memory adjustments, turned off all programs on the background, but no effect.
When I want to test D3D on DxDiagnostics, it says repeatedly I cancelled the test by pressing a key (but I didn't).
The weird thing is, that sometimes, after uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, it works suddenly, but when I turn off the PC, it's the same problem again. When I get the game working (for me it looks just random), the hibernate mode is the only way to keep the settings.

Anyone knows the problem here?

Sux to be you

The only thing I can suggest is to Flash your PC bios and Video Card Bios..

It definatley sounds like the Video card, have you got a friends you can try ?

I have been thinking about that, but am a bit scared to do that, because I have no experience with it. Flashing BIOS is explained on the website of my motherboard, but flashing BIOS of the videocard...how do you that? I even't didn't know he had an own BIOS.

the card worked fine in a PII266...

I think I have a solution. Maybe a background program is cousing this strange affect. disable startup programs under msconfig and reboot your machine. Maybe it will fix your problem.

No, I did that already, didn't work. But thanks anyway.

I was having this problem with my games also for some reason it would barely work with 640x480....downloaded the 27.xx driver and the refresh rate fix...from guru.3d.com i think that is the url...but that fixed it can now play any game at any resol...i also overclocked it a bit :D

Well, first tried the 27.23 driver: didn't support TNT2. Then the 27.42. That went smoothly, I acually could play, untill i turn off the computer and restarted it again later; same problem. Tried to install refresh rate fix, but it sayd my driver wasn't updated. So, i reinstalled 23.11. The RRfix detected it, but when adjusting the refresh rates, it went black. Had to reinstall the whole thing again.

So, it doesn't work yet.

have you tried the factory drivers or just the detonator drivers?

Isn't the 23.11 the latest detonator driver?

Well, I think I am forced to buy a new vidoecard...

why don't you try the factory drivers or something other than the latest detonator drivers, i thought the detonators where for the gforce chipsets not the tnt's, call me crazy?

Alright, i just bought the latest Geforce 4 MX 440 videocard: EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!
So, it is not a problem of the videocard!

I have an old 16meg pci tnt and the den...27.xx is working fine for me...not a big gamer so don't need the super duper vid card.

I changed the motherboard: no effect. So, I tried every hardware possibility: changed motherboard, changed videocard, changed monitor, mouse and keyboard. All no effect.

well seems like you exhausted all hardware possibilities so have you tried fdsk and reformat your box. and do a clean install

It's the only thing left to do, i guess. But I installed Windows XP Pro on a clean machine...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back