Videocard Faillure

G

G-Lizard86

Hey you guys, i have an older type low-end videocard, Diamond Stealth III Savage 4 S540 Xtreme, (mouth full innit?) , but just now i tried to play America's Army Operations but after like 2 minutes the system crashes, and after restart it says that the vidcard failed or something like that, what could it be? Can the card coop wit this game, isn't good enough? or what is it?

well i checked www.diamondmm.com for it but there is only a small graphic on the bottom of the page that says diamond multimedia, when i click it and then go to graphics i find my card but no sign of any new drivers....can you help me with finding my current drivers...?

nope...both of em aren't working...says that its not intended for this operating system (xp pro)...

It might be that this Vid Card is not enough to play that game. Have you played any other Games with any problems?

The problem is the CPU is having to work much to hard because of this Vid Card. So the system chokes. And also possibly the Vid Card overheats.

Well my setting is 114x13.0, and works fine even at 100% full load, but the vidcard hasnt got a cooler on it since its from 1999 or something, i've played Quake III with no problems at all, go check www.tomshardware.com, if i'm right there supposed to be a review of my card there, maybe that can help

Originally posted by G-Lizard86
Well my setting is 114x13.0, and works fine even at 100% full load, but the vidcard hasnt got a cooler on it since its from 1999 or something, i've played Quake III with no problems at all, go check www.tomshardware.com, if i'm right there supposed to be a review of my card there, maybe that can help

Well I don't see anything that really jumped out at me other then in one of the tests the card didn't support the OpenGL standard but on the other hand its a 3 year old card so I would think an upgrade would be inline but that just my thoughts. Also since I've never played the game I've got no real ideas.

Here is the url to the story.

Diamond Stealth III Savage 4 S540 Xtreme

yeah i was thinking of a ATI Radeon 8500 128 DDR or 64 DDR...but they r like 270 and 250 euro's here...that's equivalent to dollars....i want something at GF3 level...got any advice?

well GF3 level if u can get a orignal GF3 or if not a TI 500. Since I live in the states as u can see based on my location under my avatar I don't know of any good sites to check for prices in euro's. U might try newegg.com or if a site that u vist offers a price comparsion see if that helps. U could also get a GF4 Ti 4200

If you are looking for a nice budget card with all the bells and whistles of the GeForce 4 Ti's (but not quite the speed) and is faster than the MX460, go for a SiS Xabre Pro

8x AGP (mmm.... bandwidth goodness)
DirectX 8.1 compliant

AND to top it off, its cheaper than most of the MX cards... i have no idea it is in Euro's but its about au$170 or about 60 pounds... hope this helps...

yeah,....euhm for example i like to use AVS with winamp, and now when i go fullscreen on 640x480 32bpp, i get an average fps of 10-20, depends on how complicated the visualisation is....i want that to be at least 60....could that one manage?And it has to be able to play GTA3 with nice graphics..not blurry or anything...

as for this review it performs way better than the GF4MX440....

Well I check out the review and since they only used one other card as a comparison I don't put to much faith in the results since its tough see any real advantages over other cards when they on;y use one other card for the test. So I did a little looking around and found this which is a 4 way shoot out between GF4 Ti4200 cards so that u have at least I better idea as to the performance of the other card.

look here for a GF 4 TI 4200 results

those prices are way beyond my reach man...(i think) how much is a GF4 Ti4200?

Well as I said I live in the states so the prices will be different for u but I did a quick search on the price search engine on that site and I got some results.

Prices for GF4TI4200

In othe words I recommend a good brand for any geforce4 Ti card .

MSI & Leadtek

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back