Videocar, Ram or Hard-drive???

D

Dimoe

Hey what do you guys think would be a better investment at this point considering my comp specs and date???

1. Video card - GeForce 4 Ti4400 - $319(CND)
2. Memory - 512 MB DDR333 - $240(CND)
3. Hard-drive - Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ATA133 (Would be combined with existing hard-drive with raid 0 enabled)

How much you guys think GeForce 4 will drop with release of Radeon 9700??? (Not that I think getting a video card right now is worth it...)

I would add more ram. 512 is better then 256. That should speed things up a bit.

If you use your 20gig drive in RAID 0 with a new 40 gig drive, you'll only be able to use 20gigs (size of the smaller one). Who needs RAID 0 anyway? Does it really make a difference if you wait 5 seconds instead of 10 for a game to load?

I'd get a Geforce 4 4200 (can easily be OCed to 4400) + another 256 megs of ram (you'll save enough by not buying a 4400) if i was you...

Hope you're a XP fan cause 512 RAM can make you problems in 9x/Me versions .

Instead you I would buy that Geforce4 4400 ( only Leadtek :D )

You own a tnt2 videocard? Enter the year 2002. That was in my Pentium 200mmx system dude. Get a better card for sure.

Well if I could afford it I would it all. But since u have a tnt2 video card I might look at that for the first upgrade as u will gain the most from that as far as graphics go. The hard drive u have is a bit small so that would also be a high on the list to upgrade. That said since u didn't list the price for the hard drive see how much more it would cost to get a 60 gig instead of a 40 gig. Ram is one that u can wait on for a little while. That said going above 256MB could be dicey depending on what version of Windows your using say anything on the 9x going above 256MB of ram is not a very good idea. If its a version of Xp or any other NT based version of Windows then having 512MB of ram is fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back