Video Sound Problems

AVI Mux GUI seemed to make both sound and video, and then I clicked start and it recreated it, but same problem.

How would I extract the sound and re-encode it? How does Virtual Dub work, there are too many options and such.

been a while since i have had to do this

open the file in virtual dub
go to audio menu and select full processing
go to file menu and select save wav
select where you want it to be saved
clcik save
sit back and wait

re-encode it using your tool of choice

or the other way which is better - is to demux the file so you have the avi and the ac3, and then conver the ac3

I downloaded VirtualDubMod, is that correct because I don't have a Audio menu.

Also, I don't have a tool of choice for re-encode...

Yes there are, but do you not have a favorite re-encoder?

Im sorry I must be annoying, but ok, VirtualDub got the wav file, now how do I get just the video file?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have a .wav file how do those links help?

I now want to get just the video file without sound so I can add the .wav file..
Now I have like 4 different programs you said..

So let me start over.....

I have video, I want to extract video and audio, re-encode to xvid and mp3, put back into one video file....Best way?

see my two links above - it will extract the ac3 the other tool will convert the ac3 to mp3, then use the mux program to put it all back together again.

What about the video, put the mp3 back together with what, the video that already has sound?

Wow, ok I understood finally and it worked, working, still encoding mp3.

That is crazy, why do I need 5 programs just to do what I want? Is there not a program out there that does all those things in one? There has to be, arg. I hate having a bunch of programs to really do one thing.

Anyways, thanks for the help and my annoying(ness) lol. I might be back haha

you only need 3 - like i said its been a while since i had to do anything like that so i couldnt remember the best way to do it :p

one to get the ac3
one to encode it
one to put it all back

Oh right, I don't need Virtual Dub Mod, or was it Virtual Dub. One of them I don't.

Anyways, still enough, and thanks for all the help lately!

I am still having problems.

It's video that has AC3 sound with it, VLC can play video but not all the sound. WMP can't play the video at all. I have the AC3 codecs installed. I have been using virtual dub and all that to re encode the sound but thats a lot of work and now virtual dub says it cant do it because of codecs.

So why does it seem like the AC3 codec is not working? I have it installed, but nothing works with it.

It may not be true AC3. If someone doctored it a little then the average codec may not be able to process it. It was a major nuisance with stuff you download from the net which is why I stopped downloading.

Yes, it usually required 3-5 programs to "fix" things that had been encoded in a non-standard method. Beginner hackers tend to make mistakes. Each package, paid or free, seemed to have formats it handled well. On top of that many codecs have to be paid for so are not available in freeware. Then someone "almost" cracks a copy and distributes it free. But the cracked copy is buggy. I could go on for hours.

I am currently using an expensive package ($99) that I might actually buy. I'm on day 22 of its 30 day free, unlimited trial and it has worked well. It is called MPEG Video Wizard DVD. A less friendly one is AVS Video Editor at $39.

If it wasn't mentioned above (too lazy to read it all) Gspot is a Codec identifier tool.

BTW I have 43 seperate tools in Audio Video editing directory and use them regularly. Life sucks.

Why can't we have standards, or at least only ever came out with one way and one technology to do things. ARG I guess I will just have to try another file.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back