Video Purchase Time

R

RichXPard

It's about that time and the birthday is coming up. I've had my GEFORCE 2 MX for about a year and a half now and have been very happy with it. But it's 2002 and you can buy really nice video cards for a really good price. I've been pricing them over the net and reading reviews and it's come down to 2.

ATI VS. NVIDIA

I've heard the ATI RADEON 8500 is a really good video card. But I might want to stay in the Nvidia family and go with Geforce3 TI-200. I'd really like the TI-500 or the All in Wonder 8500, but I don't think I can get apporval from the wife :)

So let me know your views...

I would grab the GeForce 4 sure man ....

NVidia chipsets rock ...............

If you wait till the GeForce 4 to be released in the next 4 weeks or so..... you will pick up a Geforce 3 for about $100 cheaper

:)

No point in me upgrading my vid card until I upgrade my cpu, which won't be any time soon.

Get a ASUS Geforce3 Ti500 or MORPHEUS Geforce Ti500. You dont want them go for the GeForce2 Ti200 which is better than the Geforce3 Ti200 for some reason. :cool:

nVidia all the way baby!

(If anyone at nVidia sees this, you can send me a card and I will recommend nVidia for 2 years!!!)

if only i could afford one :(

i have entered that competiton here on the front page about ten times , i hope i win one......

Let the GeForce be with you

B4 i answer ya poll, u should attach a pic of ya wife.. so we can decide whether she is worth saving money for

Yeah upload a picture of your wife. That way we can see if she is worth saving for. If not i definetly sya that you should stay with the geforce 3.

Radeon 8500 so much cheaper

I just noticed this....Radeon 8500 is a LOT cheaper than Geforce 3 ti500 AND(according to worldwide 3dmark scores)it is better.....Pricewatch.com's cheapest Raedeon 8500 is 166 USD and G3ti500 is 269 USD...big diff there....

Just wanted to update all....
I ended up going with the ASUS V8200T2 Geforce 3 TI-200 pure. I saw the deluxe, but I knew I wouldn't use all the other gadgets.(video out, tv-out, 3d-glasses etc) the only thing I really want for overclocking was the heat sinks on the memory. So I went out and spent the extra 9 bucks for heat sinks and installed them myself. I'm currently running the card at 215/485 and it's running great!!! Thank-you all for your comments..

P.S.-- E.P.- the nvidia 2.3.1.2 drivers run great, no lock up problems what so ever...:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back