video problems

M

Mutal1sk

my computer has been running fine lately, well apart from one thing. my video files, when opened, show like a frame of video then they go black and stay blank/blank. strangely winamp 2.91 opens them and runs them fine. im using the lastest version of the kazaa codec pack and i uninstalled my old version which had the same problem. any ideas on what i can do? (new codecs/how to uninstall all codecs on win2k etc)

Thanks

well, if they are divx video files you might want to install divx. www.divx.com
I've downloaded movies before and knw that some of them also need the xvid codec (search for it on google)

So Winamp works-- what video player are you using that only plays the first frame or so? It sounds like the problem is more with the player than the codecs.

Have you tried other players like bsplayer or Windows Media Player Classic?

i am using windows media player 9, and media player classic, both have this problem. divx player from the latest codec pack works fine with the avis etc it can play, even avi preview, a previewing tool that comes with kazaa lite has problems...

Had similar problem, Mediaplayer9 will not play the movie, but winamp3 does.
Installed DivX_Total_Pack1.5, nope winamp OK, mediaplayer not ok.
Watched the film in winamp (EP1).
Next day, start film (EP2) in winamp, why are all the faces blue in winamp??
tested mediaplayer, oh ho, it works. Hate this.
Installed Total on laptop, even restarted, but no.

So, does anyone have a codec pack that really works, 100%?

Also, fuc**d up my job computer with Spybot (which is a fine program), now I can't play streamed video anymore. any idea?
( quicktime works fine though)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back