[VIDEO] Inside Windows Automotive

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Mike Hall (remember his tour of the Windows embedded lab?) took his camcorder over to get a look inside what the Windows Automotive group is doing.

Check out this car! (Er, it's a Hummer that's decked out with some interesting technology). Lots of speech recognition technology here.
A whole lot of interesting stuff in this video...yet another great link at Channel9.

If you have the time, listen through the whole thing (~17 mins), but if you want to get straight to the good stuff, just skip ahead about 7 to 8 mins into the video, and you can see Mike actually demonstrate some of the features in the prototype.

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=15096
smile.gif

Glaanieboy said:
Does it say: 'Error: Unknown Error message # 388489b4884b?' :p
Only if it were running Windows ME, which it's not, so...
tongue.gif

Bootsy said:
blue screen of death when the car breaks down...
Old joke...doesn't apply anymore.
If there is a blue screen, the cause will be between the seat the steering wheel.
wink.gif

I think it that becomes as-standard, I'll go back to using the bus... or.. walking ... :)

saw this a couple of months ago on the microsoft website, good stuff, please take your car to the nearest microsoft gas station to activate your car... if you do not do so, your car will stop working until you do... LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back