video compressor

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a 28gb. AVI movie and i need to compress it, what is teh best and fastest way to do it ?

Best would be to encode it to DivX, XviD, OGM or something else. I wouldn't know which is fastest, I would imagine that either one would take quite some time considering the size of the original file.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Best would be to encode it to DivX, XviD, OGM or something else. I wouldn't know which is fastest, I would imagine that either one would take quite some time considering the size of the original file.
But how do i encode it ?

a 28gb avi file? what the hell have you got a 28gb avi file for?

It will take some time for compression , depends on the system

1.) use virtual dub found at www.virtualdub.com duh!
2.)open video
3.) select codec for video pref DIVX or Xvid
4.) go to audio check full processing mode
5.) select desired codec pref mp3
6.) save as avi

now the thing is whether u want to do it 1 pass or 2. why am i explaining this...best go to

http://www.doom9.org/

or type in avi conversion in yahoo or somethin or rather...hope that helps

Its probably AVI in raw format, uncompressed, and its probably an edited video of some sort. Use Virtual Dub and encode. Keep the resolution settings the same, and if you want it to be DVD-like quality, us like 4500kbps video.

Actually, we could also do with knowing what you want to do with the video once compressed? If you're wanting to play it in a hardware DVD player, obviously DivX isn't going to work.

So what do you actually intend to do with the video?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back