Video Codecs.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
I see video codecs left and right. I have installed a couple of them, and I'm worried that maybe they are giving me trouble?

I've been experiencing trouble playing some videos. They would freeze up with a white screen on start, but it wouldnt happen every time. Sometimes normal sometimes white. Sometimes they would revert to multicolor jibberish as well..

Is it only recommended to install one codec pack? Right now I've decided to focus on the klite codec pack.

it all depends on which types of video you want to watch. i currently have nimocodec pack, as well as, xvid pack and i can watch just about anything.

I used the Nimo Codec pack until it started having issues with games that used the Ogg codec (wouldn't play any voices). Now I use the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack which is very compact and has tons of codecs.

I would advise you only to install the codecs you need to get the job done. I dont see much point in having a hundred video/audio codecs that you will never use. Also in this way, if the codec does cause a prblem with your machine you are much more likely to troubleshoot the problem............

with gspot you can check which codes are needed to run the video. i dont use any codecs packs i only use the seperate codecs i need to play my vids

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back