Video Card vs. Chipset and problems.

T

Tin Man

Hi all:
I am looking into a new Video Gaming Card for an Itell (i865PE) chipset MB. I am looking at getting one of the ATI cards (Sapphire), but .... My friends are playing Planetside (and got me hooked). They have had problems with the ATI cards in their NForce2 MBs and reccomend Nvida for Video.
Does any one know of issues with NForce chipset and ATI cards?

Thanks

Stance

Haven't heard of any problems with ATI cards and Nforce chipsets. Many in this forum and friends of mine outside the forum are using that configuration.

I do have one friend who's gainward (factory overclcoking) GE4-4200 would not work on any MB with 333 MHZ FSB (SIS or Nforce). He switched to ATI 9600 Pro and it works with both chipsets.

Same here. I have an nForce and two ATI cards on my board. I think you'll be safe with that combo.

Okay, I'll dig deeper (maybe even go look at my friends boxes). I can't find anything on Nvida's or ATI's web site or any orther tech sites I visit. I did find some video issues with older chipsets and older cards, but all of those had fixes.
Still nothing on the newer stuff though, this may have been a bogus question.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back