video card shows black screen

Q

qianamonee

I'm having a problem. I can't figure out how to disable my on-board video adapter. so when I place my video card into the pci slot, i can see bios and the windows xp professional logo, but when it starts to load the desktop, the screen is black. also, the only way i'm able to use my on-board video adapter is to remove the new video card from the pci slot.
it wasn't so much of a problem, because i've been able to use the newer video card before. but that was before I had to reformat. But now I really need to be able to use it because recently my screen has started to compress itself to half the monitor's size. does anyone have any suggestions?

You should be able to disable the onboard in your bios. Go into your bios and look around. I don't have onboard so I can't tell you exactly what to look for but, it should explain itself once you are there.

i've tried that. all im able to find is video bios cacheable--if disable it, that doesn't seem to do the trick. i also found on-chip video size, which was set to 64mb, that doesn't seem to do anything if I disable it.

i was able to resolve my issue. at bios, i pressed F8 to go into xp post messages. there I enabled vga. I found out the reason why my screen was black was because my settings were too high. I had to let my computer auto configure my screen settings for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back