video card score

V

vnet576

I think that there is something wrong with my video card. I'm getting a pretty low score compared to other radeon 8500LE video cards. And the main problem is that my video card is 128 mb and other people's video card is only 64mb. My card should kill all the other cards but unfortenalty its not.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=3236170

Originally posted by vnet576
I think that there is something wrong with my video card. I'm getting a pretty low score compared to other radeon 8500LE video cards. And the main problem is that my video card is 128 mb and other people's video card is only 64mb. My card should kill all the other cards but unfortenalty its not.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=3236170

your score is fine if it is stock (as in not over clocked anything)

other cards that score high have other parts of the rig that are oc'd and what not... do not compare your card purely on the basis of it v/s oc'd cards...

for your cpu and memory your score are not bad...

I would not worry too much

Also, just cos u have a 128MB card, doesn't mean the memory is running faster than what is on the 64MB card (measured in ns = nanoseconds?). In fact, its usually the opposite. The additional memory just allows for bigger textures and the like to be stored.

So in other words it was pointless to pay extra to get the 128 mb card. And my card would have run better if I had gone with the 64 mb radeon. That sucks:huh:

Originally posted by vnet576
So in other words it was pointless to pay extra to get the 128 mb card. And my card would have run better if I had gone with the 64 mb radeon. That sucks:huh:
not true... newer games like ut2k3, bf1942, and the like can use more than 64mb of video memory when the details are turned up. my 128mb card cost more than a 64mb equivalent and is a little slower... but i can turn up the textures and details in the new games and it doesn't have trouble. the 64mb card would have filled it's memory and would be slowed down by constantly having to swap textures through the agp bus as you play.

also, for a p3 866mhz, your score is pretty decent.

[edit] umm... your project info says your card only has 64mb..??

with your rig i would not be concerned. if you want a great score, (like i have done) overclock the CPU and FSB, and then OC the card and kill any backround apps. you should get a good score. i am not reccomending, but just saying that is what other people do.

My system is the one on the left, with the 128 mb card. Unfortunetly I can't overclock, since all advanced options in the bios are disabled by my mobo company.

Yes, most dual boards lack o/c options. :(
You can still o/c your graphics card though.....

My score is pretty close to yours, with an mx card and a celeron
:eek: Although my setup is not at stock speeds ;)

i wouldnt worry about it to much...those scores a pretty well meaningless anyway

i wouldn't worry about it either, no one goes to a lan party to play 3dmark2001se... its a good indication of your hardwares preformance, but, its not game, and i'm sure thats why you bought the 3D card anyway...

Originally posted by Burpster
i wouldnt worry about it to much...those scores a pretty well meaningless anyway
Originally posted by wyrlwyn
i wouldn't worry about it either, no one goes to a lan party to play 3dmark2001se... its a good indication of your hardwares preformance, but, its not game, and i'm sure thats why you bought the 3D card anyway...
that's the whole point of 3dmark... to guage your system's 3d performance so you can enjoy your games more. :rolleyes:

and if he thinks his scoreis lower than another comparable system, it doesn't mean he's trying to be competitive and just wants a higher score than him/her... he just wants to make sure his system is optimized correctly and is utilizing it's hardware effectively.

[edit] oh, and vnet576... your card is showing up as 64mb:
64mb.txt

Originally posted by taurus
that's the whole point of 3dmark... to guage your system's 3d performance so you can enjoy your games more. :rolleyes:

and if he thinks his scoreis lower than another comparable system, it doesn't mean he's trying to be competitive and just wants a higher score than him/her... he just wants to make sure his system is optimized correctly and is utilizing it's hardware effectively.

[edit] oh, and vnet576... your card is showing up as 64mb:
64mb.txt

3dmark is known to misread certain hardware profiles... this may just be a misread... or not :)

Thank u taurus, I couldn't have put it better myself. I'm testing my video card to make sure that I didn't overpay for something that doesn't deliver. Sazar, thats not my system, mine doesn't have 1024 mb ram.
My system is the one on the left, running direct x 9.

3dmark.jpg

oh... well when we click on your comapre url way up there, it compares our individual score with the 1024mb system. so we thought it was yours. :blink:

Originally posted by taurus
oh... well when we click on your comapre url way up there, it compares our individual score with the 1024mb system. so we thought it was yours. :blink:

lol yup thats what the rest of us were thinking too...

you need to publish your score so you get a compare link... look on the left hand menu when you look @ your score..

you can do this by clicking on my card in my sig...

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back