Video Card Problem?

DoNuTjC

OSNN Addict
A lot of times I'll be playing BattleField 1942 and after awhile I see little gray spots moving around the screen, its gets so bad that I have to close out the game...

When I'm on my desktop or doing other things, everything is fine, so far its only when I play that game, I havn't tried anyother games I have...

Could it be the video card or maybe the monitor?

its a new card... MSI Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4400

I don't think the card is over heating... my case is about 35c inside and I have a fan under the card...

Any Ideas??

Thanks a lot

I highly doubt that it's the card. May be a bug in the game, something that calls for a patch, or something of the matter. Might be a screwed monitor, but most likely not. Try a few other games; I think it's only battlefield. Also, check that the CD you're playing it off is clean...

i get the same thing in soldier of fortune II and MOHAA, GeForce MX400

Brad

Thanks for the respond...

I'll try other games and see... I'm really hoping its not the card.. when I was playing the game and as soon as it started do that thing again, I touched the card and it was getting really hot... I don't know how hot a video card should be but this was pretty hot..

I'll let ya know..

:)

I am waiting for someone to post something about SoFII and MohAA having bugs coz it can't possibly be nvidia vid cards problems... we all KNOW that only ATi cards have bugs... don't we?

:)

-tongue in cheek-

MSI cards usually have nice cooling, I had two, the 4400 and 4200. ( I had a few chances to try out a whole bunch of Geforce 4 cards for a week ) I don't know just how hot it should be, but not that hot. I have an EVGA card and it has this really cool cooling thing on it, the card gets warm, but not any more then that...

Well I called up MSI and they said that the card is messed up and for me to send them the card and they'll send me a new one..

thanks for your help

Sure thing; hope your new card works better...

Originally posted by Nick M
Sure thing; hope your new card works better...

Yeah me too... now I'm stuck with my GeForce 2 GTS card for now but as long as it works right?? :D

GTS PWNS JOO!!!

}:D

(or at least til 2 more weeks when i get my 4200)

Sorry but never in my gaming life have i seen any of this i have a GForce2 MX 400 clocked at 235Mhz it works at 43C and i don't have any problems with heating or those games battlefiled 1942 runs sweet and SOF2 runs even better!!! although when i installed Nvidia drivers 40.72 i got a resoultion problem it tends to flicker in and out of 60hz modes and 72hz modes??? is it wise to return to 30.82 drivers???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back