Video Card install???

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hey all!! I need to know how to install my tnt2 nvidia pci 16mb card I have a v72ma-1a motherboard(ibm) with the ati on board crap.... anyone know how to set the jumpers on the board to stop reading the ATI and allow me to add the pci card I looked in the bios and see that I can reset the pnp settings and all that jazz please need a hand with this:confused: :confused:

your bios should have a option for onboard devices or special features where you can turn off the on board video...if it doesn't it would be the first i've ever seen that actually required a jumper change to disable it and for that you would need to consult your mobo manual or contact the maker

Thanks

Seems it is a hardware conflict just wont go tried all I could thanks just the same gonna look for another card for this pos LOLOL:)

Thanks

Yes found the disable in bios, thanks but the card was wacked after all !! so getting a new card the mobo and rest are fine runs like a charm just need to juice the graphics a tad :cool:

uhh

sorry to say but that tnt2 nvidia pci 16mb , wont juice up too much. also dont get a pci card get an agp card. you will get a huge performance increase....that is if your mobo has an agp slot.
;)

Yeah I know but!!

Compared to the 4mb on board crappy ATI I think a 16 mb velocity 4400 will be a vast improvment I dont have an AGP slot on this board ....... I am collecting parts (new) one at a time building myself a new puter just dont have the $ to get it all in one and I prefere to pick and choose my stuff. for now a 16mb will be a step up :D

hehe

ya your certainly right about that, i never looked at it that way, hehe. good luck....;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back