Video Card FELL OFF THE FAN!!!

D

Da_Violator

Hey Everyone,

I recently got a Geforce 2 Ti. Everything was fine at first until the fan started making some noise. I decided to replace the fan and once I did, the fan fell off of the card!!!! :eek: :mad: :eek:

What should I do in order to get the new fan working again??? Any advice would be a help. Thanks

Violator

im by no means recommending this....

But this happened to a friend, we were at a lan at the time, so he managed to secure the fan back on with 2 pieces of cotton (blue cotton, just for reference) and as far as i know it worked fine, and still worked after we all went home.

Thanks for the advice but I don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon. Couldn't I just use some Krazy Glue or WD-40 or something like that??

Violator

You want Thermal Adhesive

That way its a glue and also works as a heat transfer.

WD40 and Krazy Glue don't conduct heat very well :/

I recommend anything by Arctic Silver

Thermal Adhesive.

Crazy glue will kill stuff, and hardly conducts. And it it's warm...i'll fall off again.

Weird event though.

Thanks for the advice, where can I find the Thermal Adhesive???

Violator

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=adhesive

Arctic Silver Adhesive-( Premium Silver Thermal Epoxy, Silver-Based ). Made with 99.8% pure micronized silver. Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity. Sold in A set of Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive consists of two tubes containing a total of 7 grams of adhesive (3.5 grams of Part A and 3.5 grams of Part B). *** MUST follow Instruction of use. *** Once Applied to CPU and Fan, THE WARRANTIES OF BLAH BLAH BLAH

It's towards the center :)

Haha SPeedY_B i remember that! it was on my old geforce 2. the heatsink came unstuck from the sticky pad so i tied it back on with bright blue cotton :D

it stayed on as well and worked fine until the actual card died and i had to replace it

its looked quite niffy with bright blue ties on it if i do say so myself :D

:p

Chris have you got a website? I might have seen it on one of speedy's links before...

THANKS ONCE AGAIN & 1 CORRECTION

Thanks everyone...I'm going to look into the thermal adhesive. I just noticed that in my haste to get answers, I messed up in the title...I just wanted to clear that up because I felt like kicking myself after I clicked "Submit Reply".

It should have read: Video Card Fan Fell off of the Video Card.

Thanks for not flaming me as I'm sure it would have happened on any other forum.

Violator

Har, was superb.
I cant remember where the cotton actually came from, was it random cotton, or was it obtained from somewhere?

On another note, we need another LAN at Oli's :D

Hehe, the title of the thread was fairly funny.......

I recommend getting Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive over the Arctic Silver. Arctic silver says it is non conductive but arctic alumina is made with the purpose of being non conductive among other things. You dont want to short out your gpu by accidentally getting some adhesive on the pins. Alumina is cheaper also.

jumpy

Alumina doesn't conduct the heat as well as silver.

Silver will not conduct electricity, they designed it for this fact. Not many pins to get with Silver when its just ur video card as well.

If you get Arctic Silver, look carefully at it and make sure it isn't Artic Silver.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back