Video & Audio performance drop + weird stuff going on

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Hi all,

just reinstalled my XP and have very weird stuff going on...

check it out:

* Winamp's AVS is getting 8 - 10 fps with a visualisation of 1 particle going around in fullscreen mode (640x480x16)

* I hear a crackling sound in my speakers, something like electricty crackling, everytime I scroll a webpage, resize or minimize/maximize a window or use winamp's avs or other visualisation.

* Studio.exe (winamp3) has a proc load of 99%

* Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (retail, no warez) can't get above 15 fps @ 640x480... I used to play it on 1024x768 with good framerate... Hitman 2 however runs perfectly in 1024...

* XP is retail, got the newest official drivers from nVidia (40.72) installed and the newest VIA 4in1.

* My monitor goes out of sync for about two seconds while booting: I do not see the black screen with the blue progressbar. Tried BootVis but it didn't fix it.

PC is an AMD Thunderbird 900 with GeForce4 MX 460 64Mb and 256 RAM. XP Pro SP1. Not top of the tops but it should (and it did) perform better then this sh*t. I'm amazed with the AVS plugin: 8 fps!!! I remeber getting about 50 - 70 on some presets, but almost always above 30. Check out the screenshot: it's the first preset you get when installing winamp in Nullsoft folder: B Moon -> framerate is 7.7 @ 640x480x16 or x32

Please help...

Greetz,

Lukas

scan for viruses.
look in task manager.
look in Event Viewer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back