Vice City

L

Leo154

Does it NEED SP1? coz it says on the req. windows xp sp1? does it need it? Coz i cant be bothered downloading a 120 mb file on a 56 k and sp1 is completely useless.

i know there was a problem with the normal gta3 when you played it without sp1...

i play GTA3 w/o SP1 just fine, as well...there was just some video patch or something, can't remember, that you had to install from MS to get the menus to work right

without a patch all the text wuld look like sollid yellow blocks

its just a patch you have to apply to XP SR1 for the GTA games, I cant remember what its called though

alright then! gta3 works fine with me too, only after DX9 OR that MS update for a DX file. Anyhow... i'm getting VC Tomorrow! Yeah!

oh and this new chaninja style, RC5, is, infact, totally tits!

There a 'critical patch' that you need from M$ other wise the game sortta half loads, screen goes black then a 'donk' sound then back to desktop, i dont think its that bad.

OTE

Note as in "i dont think its that bad." i meant file size

I have the patch for block yellow text, if anyone wants. Vice City works fine without SP1.

its alright, its alright... i got it working perfect... on a Geforce 2 Ti, with 1024X768X16 X 2AA... with absolutely no slow downs or pings like in GTA3... so really it is the code of the game, not the hardware...

Vice City is awesome by the way.. 100% improvement over GTA3... althought i do like the old radio better.. but it is funny hearing Lazlow and Furnado again... lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back