VIBERATE THEN RING or VIBE AND RING

brad96stanggt

OSNN Junior Addict
I really would like a vibrate and ring feature and I have read that you can hack it in the .04 hardware.....can anyone gimme a write up on how to do it!?? I need this feature!!!!!! Thanks ahead of time!

edit seem 2742 length 90. In offset 7b, you need to turn off bit 3 and turn on bit 4. if you don't know how to edit a seem, there are many threads explaining it on here if you do a little searching. you can also find many other seem edits with the search function on this forum.

edit seem 2742 length 90. In offset 7b, you need to turn off bit 3 and turn on bit 4. if you don't know how to edit a seem, there are many threads explaining it on here if you do a little searching. you can also find many other seem edits with the search function on this forum.

does this work for v3m? Also, just as relevant, will this work on .05? Also, is this vibe and ring or vibe then ring?

I'm assuming this will work on the v3m since everything I've read shows it uses the same seems as the v3c. v .05 on the V3m is also just an updated version of the v3c's .04 fw from what I've seen, so most seem edits already documented for the v3c should work. and this is for vibe THEN ring. so far no one has found a way to make the phone vibe AND ring at the same time.

I'm assuming this will work on the v3m since everything I've read shows it uses the same seems as the v3c. v .05 on the V3m is also just an updated version of the v3c's .04 fw from what I've seen, so most seem edits already documented for the v3c should work. and this is for vibe THEN ring. so far no one has found a way to make the phone vibe AND ring at the same time.

i appreciate this post, very to the point and concise. (you're also helping in the other thread)

Since you're knowledgeable can you hit me with another couple quick answers. In order to seem edit, I don't need to change the version number, correct? (i.e. i can seem edit .05 and make it vibe then ring, and also seem edit it to allow "set as ringtone" for mp3s etc. or whatever seem edits are out there). Other question, what is PST and P2k commander? Even though i can't sync up my phone with WMP10 (or get bitpim to do anything, though this might be a result of no seem editing currently) do you think that p2k and pst would allow me to seem edit it since it will charge (it also shows up as a modem in my hardware section)? I think i'm going to try it on my gf's computer because mine is acting funny in general anyway, i think I need a reformat but that's a different discussion.

motorola pst is the programming software used to program motorola phones... its actually not easy obtained by the general public, but you can probably find it with a google search or perhaps via p2p software like limewire or something similar. and p2k commander is used in conjunction with pst to add and delete files from the phone's file system, and I think can be downloaded from the motomodders website under the downloads section. to do the actual seem edits, you'll need p2k seem, which can be found on the motomodders site as well. and yes, you can seem edit without changing firmware versions, since the v3c and v3m have BASICALLY similar filesystems, except for the transflash card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back