via or nforce 2

Shrek

Kenya believe it...
I going to upgrade my PC within the next month, I've decided to stick to amd but I don't know which mobo chipset to go for. Which one should I go for?

Originally posted by Shrek
I going to upgrade my PC within the next month, I've decided to stick to amd but I don't know which mobo chipset to go for. Which one should I go for?

via is cheaper.. nforce2 has higher theoretical memory bandwidth...

IMO there is no discernible difference between the new kt400A chipset from via and the nforce2 from nvidia... but the nforce2 is a litle faster in benchmark...

other than benchmarks you will not notice a difference...

if price is a factor.. buy via kt400a mobo's... if not... buy the nforce2... I recommend the asus nforce2 deluxe mobo...

the New KT400a is suposed to beable to topple the Nforce2 boards might keep an eye out for them. IE the NF7 (abit I think)

Originally posted by Krux
the New KT400a is suposed to beable to topple the Nforce2 boards might keep an eye out for them. IE the NF7 (abit I think)
abit's NF7 series are based on the nforce2 chipset. i don't think anyone's come out with kt400A-based motherboards, yet.

if you want a new board soon, i'd go with an nforce2. if there are any kt400A's out, they'll be early revisions and might have issues.

not in raw performance...

they do not have dual channel... which is why they are cheaper...

they have made the architecture more efficient.. yielding good performance... in benchmark figures... it is around the same level... slightly slower in some areas.. slightly faster in others... overall nforce2 = faster... barely...

yah I just read the review on the new gigabyte board using the KT400a it beat the other Nforce board just not the dual channel one and it barely benched lower im talking like a few points lower.

yah I just read the review on the new gigabyte board using the KT400a it beat the other Nforce board just not the dual channel one and it barely benched lower im talking like a few points lower.

lol... like I said... ^^^

:D

I would just like to say that the nForce 2 is a whole lot stable when compared to Kt400, and it is also better for overclocking, I'd go for the nForce 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back