VGA Drivers

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hi guys ..

I have a MSI GeForce FX-5600 for my graphic card. There are 3 options for drivers:-

1) Nvidia's own driver
2) MSI driver
3) Microsoft update website driver

Which is the best or recommended to be used? I am kinda in doubt here .. but right now I'm using Nvidia's own driver.

Please advise .. thanks :)

nvidia driver unless MSI says to specifically use thier driver to fix some sort of problems

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Nvidia's reference drivers will (generally) be more up to date and include more advanced features.

shox

OSNN Junior Addict
ms offers tested and proven drivers, they are the safest to use with working with windows, however they are usually older and provide less features. great for workstations.

Xie

- geek -
Aren't the drivers M$ offers thru update just an older version (usally) of the Nvidia drivers? I would stick w/ drivers from Nvidia as the ones from MSI are probably also just some older tweaked version of Nvidia drivers as well ...

searching around and checking some benchmarks might be a good idea to choose exactly what version of drivers also :)

Edit: I think if I remember correctly MSI sends you to Nvidia site for drivers :p

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
Nvidia, nvidia, nvidia...you could also look to some websites for Omegas and I can't remember the last ones I heard of...I always keep updated unless one install goes bad I just roll back to the previous ones

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
Tuffgong4 said:
Nvidia, nvidia, nvidia...you could also look to some websites for Omegas and I can't remember the last ones I heard of...I always keep updated unless one install goes bad I just roll back to the previous ones
Omega has fell behing on his drivers "again". at the mo people using hacked drivers are using starstorm 53.03, theres 2 revisions out, extra quality, (i recommend) and the benchmark version, (low quality for good 3d marks (screw that)

http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=47

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks