VGA Drivers

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hi guys ..

I have a MSI GeForce FX-5600 for my graphic card. There are 3 options for drivers:-

1) Nvidia's own driver
2) MSI driver
3) Microsoft update website driver

Which is the best or recommended to be used? I am kinda in doubt here .. but right now I'm using Nvidia's own driver.

Please advise .. thanks :)

nvidia driver unless MSI says to specifically use thier driver to fix some sort of problems

Usually you want to stick to the main manufacturer's driver.

Nvidia's reference drivers will (generally) be more up to date and include more advanced features.

ms offers tested and proven drivers, they are the safest to use with working with windows, however they are usually older and provide less features. great for workstations.

Aren't the drivers M$ offers thru update just an older version (usally) of the Nvidia drivers? I would stick w/ drivers from Nvidia as the ones from MSI are probably also just some older tweaked version of Nvidia drivers as well ...

searching around and checking some benchmarks might be a good idea to choose exactly what version of drivers also :)

Edit: I think if I remember correctly MSI sends you to Nvidia site for drivers :p

Nvidia, nvidia, nvidia...you could also look to some websites for Omegas and I can't remember the last ones I heard of...I always keep updated unless one install goes bad I just roll back to the previous ones

Tuffgong4 said:
Nvidia, nvidia, nvidia...you could also look to some websites for Omegas and I can't remember the last ones I heard of...I always keep updated unless one install goes bad I just roll back to the previous ones

Omega has fell behing on his drivers "again". at the mo people using hacked drivers are using starstorm 53.03, theres 2 revisions out, extra quality, (i recommend) and the benchmark version, (low quality for good 3d marks (screw that)

http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=47

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back