Very Strange XP SP2 problem.

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
which is a new one for me.

I rebooted my computer and during the reboot at the log in screen. I get an error and it says something about not finding something in the reg, however it found one and it "repaired" it. I finally made it back into windows and everying defaulted back to the original install and now I have this annoying clicking sound if I click on "Start" and any program.. and if I'm in explorer and go to the menu bar and select anything from there. I get the clicking sound...Not the open folder clicking sound either. Wow... I just try and open Outlook and its start all over from scratch.

if you have your windows XP CD you could try this ---type sfc /scannow into "run"(notice the space after sfc) this should replace any corrupt system files --- its worth a try

Do you remember the error? Was it posted in the Event Viewer?

The annoying clicking sound is a windows feature. You can turn it off.

Start-control panel-sounds and audio devices.

Sounds tab
- scroll down to system notification then select the scroll bar by "sound" at the bottom next to the sound file name and scroll up to the top where it says none. It probably says windows balloon.

There may be other sounds you don't like. You can kill or change them also.

There is a little universal "Play" button next to the sound file name so you cna preview it to see if that is the one you don't like.

LeeJand,

It's a sound that not in the sound scheme. I also reformatted... Every application on my computer had to be reinstalled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back