Very Low download speed !

Z

ZAnwar

I am on ADSL (fairADSL.co.uk) and I have very low download speeds.

They start at about 80Kb/s and very quickly and I mean very quickly, go down to about 6Kb/s or 7Kb/s !!!

Why ?

I have no clue why this could be, but I know how you feel I have cable access, I start up a d/l at 200-270k and then it drops down to 100-120k and levels off I would be glad to find out what the answer is.:D

Hi ZAnwar, I have a real slow dial up connect 26.4Kbps
and last night I downloaded this program (no spyware)

http://www.freshdevices.com

It's called "download manager"

Before I was downloading at a super
slow rate per minute, this download manager
almost tripled the speed. :)

I hope this will help you, as far as technical
information I'm far from that realm of
expertise, why I love this forum, there
are so many great knowledgeable people
who help so many of us members.

laptop...tell them about that other program you jsut tried

Zanwar: I assume your using Internet Explorer???

IE has a really crap download. Go download a good Download Manager/Accelerator and you'll be set.

I am currently using flashget
www.flashget.com

but FreshDownload is good also, they've prolly ironed out the bugs since i last used it.

My surfing speed is excellent, but my download speed is CRAP !!!

Why does my uncle on NTL get around 60Kb/s !

I can't believe this, before I formatted I used to use Fresh Download, now I installed it again and the speed was varying from 2kb/s to about 12kb/s !

WHY ?????

zanwar, you should contact the adsl provider, there may be a problem with the actual connection, like a bad signal/noise ratio or something. else it could be the particular download site you are using. try a variety or different site, it may be that the site you are using is very busy maybe. but i advise you get hold of fairadsl about it.

Don't be scared to phone your ISP and complain. If I didn't do it here, I would have slow speeds all the time.

When I see that the speeds have dropped I let the ISP know and it's not long before they are fixed..

I should add that I am on cable.

I contacted them about this around 2 weeks ago and they said that they were getting 1 more provider so the speed increases. I have seen no speed increase ?

Shall I contact them again ?

Keep on them ZAnwar.

You are paying for a service and if they are not supplying that service to you, keep complaining until they do.

The cable ISP I am with know who I am now and know if I phone to complain, there must be a problem or they just fix it to shut me up, which ever but at least they fix it :)

As the old saying goes, "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil"

ADSL Speed.

Hi,ZAnwar, go to this page, run the speed test,it will tell you how to 'tweak' your adsl connection, you may have to download a program called 'DRTCP',it will allow you to make the changes,if needed,as your slow downloads could be just that the connection isnot set up right,Try it.

Go Here:http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

I contacted FairADSL, and they said that they will contact BT and KB.

I don't know that KB is ??, ah well !

Posted by vdubVR6
I have no clue why this could be, but I know how you feel I have cable access, I start up a d/l at 200-270k and then it drops down to 100-120k and levels off I would be glad to find out what the answer is.:D

I have seen much worse here in Switzy..... it is terrible at times with this isp i am with .....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back