Very dissappointed with Geforce4 ti4600

and isn't this topic mostly about games anyway, why would you buy a 400 dollar video card, to type exel spreadsheets or some html maybe? if you now how the game works, you can make an ejucated idea about what kind of system you need to play(or type...)

um, how is everything inmuture? what i'm saying is completely true, a 400 dollar video card would be used for games, so, um, wouldn't it be smart to understand the game before you dish the cash? i'm not saying your stupid or anything, or any of you, i'm just pointing out that it might be wise to contimplate a few things first.

the g3ti4600 has the most power out of all the consumer video cards in the world. bar none. but the games out right now just don't take advantage of the pixel and vertex shaders. its fsaa tech is great, so if you enjoy playing games with it on at high reses, go for it. but, if your not a mad gamer or don't play "advanced games", don't bother.
and catch, i'm sorry for being a pissant, i just so happen to be a dedicated q3a player. i play it about everyday. sure, theres no plot and storyline, but its the only fast pasted game out besides ut. mohaa is a decent game, but i can't sit and try the normandy landing for hours on end(freakin nazi bastards)... so, i'm just gona drop the whole bitchin thing, i was doing it myself....

hmm

I DONT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT I WENT AND GOT THE XTASY GEFORCE 4 TI 4400, AND I GAINED A HUGE ASS PERFORMANCE BOOST, GETTING AN EXTRA 2400 PTS IN 3DMARK 2001 SE,(I WAS USING A GEFORCE 3 TI 500) AND THE IMAGE QUALITY RULEZ......AND THIS ONE ISNT EVEN THE TI 4600, LOL
WHAT A SWEET CARD....FYI FOR GEFORCE 4 I WOULD USE THE
28.32, OR 27.XX DRIVERS, THEY ARE GEARED MORE FORE GEFORCE 4.....:D

and yes the quake 3 engine is awesome, but the quake 3 game itself sux bad, loololol. but rtcw, mohaa use the engine very well.

Originally posted by catch23
I can understand the ego boost when your 3DMark score jumps like that...but I'm not really sure how you could see a difference in image quality between the two cards...especially on Quake 3...sure your FPS is a little higher...but was it worth $350 for it?

well, the first thing i noticed the difference in image quality on was
dvd play, the images put geforce 3 to shame there.and the image quality shots from 3d mark were sharper not washed out, ect....
the difference is obvious from the getgo, hell i saw a difference the moment i hit the desktop and turned on the digital vibrance.
not to mention the dvi port on the gf4 works correctly, unlike the
gf3. and i only paid 250 bucks for the gf4 ti 4400 so it was well worth the money......here comes the real image test though, hehe when i bust out cinema 4d and bryce 5.............;)

i hear ya, lol

ya i was actually able to exchange my geforce 3 ti 500, i paid 350 for it a few months ago, i got a better card and a few bucks back
in my pocket so im happy.:D :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back