Very Disappointed >>>

BonyTony

OSNN Senior Addict
If i go to the trouble of making a post after i find something that i think is of interest for reading i would like some kind of notification when it gets deleted by a OP....as a recent post of mine has vanished without trace and who knows why !.

If it was a repost fine...or not suitable fine...or in the wrong forum fine and ..well i don't care what reason as long as i am told.

Or is this unfeasible?

Hi BonyTony,
understand what you mean, but the thing is we cant notify a user on deleting a post at all times, this is because it would have to be a manual operation from the staffs side, and the amount of work they already have to deal with is intence.

As you have brought this up, I'll see if we can sort out a "notify member on post deletion" script, which will automate this operation.

At the moment we have a new system running where the staff move the posts into a "black book" archive, so if speculation is brought up then we can look into it for you. So if you tell me what your post was about I can look into it for you, and tell you the exact reason why it was deleted.

Another point is that we dont delete posts at all times, sometimes if its upon a popular topic then we tend to merge posts, firstly as it helps members locate things better as it keeps things in one place and organized, and secondly it does tend to total up and help save server resources - So this may be the cause, current hot topic which is being merged is about the new DirectX 9 from MS.

Sorry if this has caused any problems on your behalf.

MdSalih

I can't speak for all mods but I do let members know if a thread has been deleted, well really as MdSalih said, it's moved to another area at first then deleted. Unless it's a dup thread, those I delete and don't send a PM, instead I post in the thread that hasn't been deleted letting the member know not to post dups and that the other has been deleted.

Tony if you can give us a hint as to what the thread was about it'll help us in searching to see if it was merged with another thread, moved in the the 'black hole' area or actually deleted.

I do not PM/email users when I delete a thread for one reason: threads I delete violate the forum guidelines.

I'll use "Bob" as an example.

Say Bob starts a thread. Here are the possible outcomes:

Bob read the guidelines but still decides to start the thread. Therefore, Bob knows what he is posting violates the guidelines and the thread will most likely be deleted.

Bob decided not to read the guidelines before posting. He starts a new thread. It gets deleted. Who's at fault here?

Bob read the guidelines and sees that the thread he wants to start violates these guidelines and he decides he better not start the thread. Good Bob.

My point, why should I let you know when you are violating the guidelines when you are responsible for knowing these guidelines?

NTFS Forum Guidelines

Originally posted by BonyTony
If i go to the trouble of making a post after i find something that i think is of interest for reading i would like some kind of notification when it gets deleted by a OP....as a recent post of mine has vanished without trace and who knows why !.

If it was a repost fine...or not suitable fine...or in the wrong forum fine and ..well i don't care what reason as long as i am told.

Or is this unfeasible?

I am at fault here one for taking too long to reply...and the other for being mistaken the thread i posted had in fact been merged with another one of similar topic not deleted,which i had overlooked whilst searching for the foretold thread.

So i Apologize

I would not have jumped to the wrong conclusion if i knew it had been moved and where to,i will look harder next time.
thnx Tony

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back