very big trouble with cd drives

B

BlackEyedAngel

ok, the whirring noise i was having on boot, i think it was my cd drive not the hard drive, i'm not sure. (see this thread) however, it doesnt make it at the moment, but when i get into windows, i cannot use either of my DVD or CD-R drives!!! they do appear in my computer, and the device manager says there is no problem with them, but... if i put something in , and then try and access it, D (the dvd) says "incorrect function" and E simply opens up, and shows as empty (probably something to do with the built in cd recording of xp). what is going on? are my cd drives broken? i tried booting into dos with cdrom support using a 98 boot disk and i could get a DIR on both drives, so i think they are working to at least some extent. any ideas? i am worried.

Did you try removing the DVD to see if the CDrw is working???
+check the jumpers to see is they dont cash.

Are all the connections in place? Sometimes if the cables become slightly unplugged that happens, Windows will recognize 'em but they wont work right. Make Sure that calbes are connected right, uninstall then reinstall the drivers or try hooking them up separately.

I've had this problem a few times and it always seems to be InCD, which is a program that runs along side Nero. It's something to do with the fact that the version of InCD you are running isn't compatible with windows XP. This fault has usually occured when I've installed updates from Windows, but last week it was caused by installing faulty RAM into my pc. Basically I uninstalled InCD (and Nero to be safe), re-installed Nero and then downloaded the most recent version of InCD. It seems to have fixed the fault, although my floppy drive isn't showing up in My Computer.

Wigan-

You've gotta stop resurrecting threads that are almost 2 1/2 years old.

lol dreamliner im with u on that, when i saw the dates i started laughin, isnt that a slow ass reply

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back