very annoying LAN problem!

pok_pok_911

go the AMD!!!
:suprised:Ok guys i keep getting this Far Cry problem when i have a LAN with my freind it says "only LAN ip's accepted" or somthing round those lines it his ip is showing the whole thing, should it only have a few numbers or what?
thanks Dan:)

pok_pok_911 said:
:suprised:Ok guys i keep getting this Far Cry problem when i have a LAN with my freind it says "only LAN ip's accepted" or somthing round those lines it his ip is showing the whole thing, should it only have a few numbers or what?
thanks Dan:)
A "LAN IP" would have the same number of .. well .. numbers. :p The difference would be it will probably be something like "192.168.xxx.xxx" (x's would be numbers).

Xie said:
A "LAN IP" would have the same number of .. well .. numbers. :p The difference would be it will probably be something like "192.168.xxx.xxx" (x's would be numbers).

Usually with a LAN you either have 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x. Most router out of the box use one if those (DLINK and Linksys)

pok_pok_911:
I dont really understand what your trying to say, could you clarify please.

Admiral Michael said:
Usually with a LAN you either have 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x. Most router out of the box use one if those (DLINK and Linksys) please.
Yeah .. I guess I shouldn't have put 3 x's but 1. Sorry to confuse anyone. :p

Admiral Michael said:
pok_pok_911:
I dont really understand what your trying to say, could you clarify please.
I think his friend is trying to play on the LAN with probably his regular IP from his ISP. Since it's not routeable internal he's getting an error. I think all he has to do is change is IP manually if need be to anything in the range we listed above. :)

ok, if thats the case then:

Is the computer actually on the same network?
Is there DHCP setup?
Is your friend's IP set manually for his ISP?

From Ubisoft's support site

I recieve the error that LAN servers require LAN IP address when I have a LAN address of 192.193.194.1 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0 and the server has a LAN address of 192.193.194.50 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0 we both have patch v1.31

Answer: The game will only allow you to run a LAN server from a 192.168.x.x IP address because the cd keys are not checked when running a LAN game. If your IP address is anything other than an address in the 192.168.x.x range, other computers on your LAN will not be able to see or connect to your server.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back