• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

very annoying LAN problem!

:suprised:Ok guys i keep getting this Far Cry problem when i have a LAN with my freind it says "only LAN ip's accepted" or somthing round those lines it his ip is showing the whole thing, should it only have a few numbers or what?
thanks Dan:)

Xie

- geek -
pok_pok_911 said:
:suprised:Ok guys i keep getting this Far Cry problem when i have a LAN with my freind it says "only LAN ip's accepted" or somthing round those lines it his ip is showing the whole thing, should it only have a few numbers or what?
thanks Dan:)
A "LAN IP" would have the same number of .. well .. numbers. :p The difference would be it will probably be something like "192.168.xxx.xxx" (x's would be numbers).

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Xie said:
A "LAN IP" would have the same number of .. well .. numbers. :p The difference would be it will probably be something like "192.168.xxx.xxx" (x's would be numbers).
Usually with a LAN you either have 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x. Most router out of the box use one if those (DLINK and Linksys)

pok_pok_911:
I dont really understand what your trying to say, could you clarify please.

Xie

- geek -
Admiral Michael said:
Usually with a LAN you either have 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x. Most router out of the box use one if those (DLINK and Linksys) please.
Yeah .. I guess I shouldn't have put 3 x's but 1. Sorry to confuse anyone. :p

Xie

- geek -
Admiral Michael said:
pok_pok_911:
I dont really understand what your trying to say, could you clarify please.
I think his friend is trying to play on the LAN with probably his regular IP from his ISP. Since it's not routeable internal he's getting an error. I think all he has to do is change is IP manually if need be to anything in the range we listed above. :)

From Ubisoft's support site

I recieve the error that LAN servers require LAN IP address when I have a LAN address of 192.193.194.1 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0 and the server has a LAN address of 192.193.194.50 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0 we both have patch v1.31

Answer: The game will only allow you to run a LAN server from a 192.168.x.x IP address because the cd keys are not checked when running a LAN game. If your IP address is anything other than an address in the 192.168.x.x range, other computers on your LAN will not be able to see or connect to your server.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage