Verizon V3C went wonky on me...

Lobezno001

OSNN Newbie
I have no idea why, absolutely none, why this happened. I've used my phone now hacked as can be and happy with it and haven't had any problems. Until a few hours ago, I had my phone set to Vibe Then Ring with the call volume set to high. Then I got a call from a friend. The phone vibed like it suppossed to do, but the ringer was low. I went to my ringer styles to adjust the ringer detail thinking I may have hit it stupidly while using another application, and I CAN'T access the Details to make any changes. This has not happened before and I don't know why it chooses now to do so.

This is a Verizon V3C. Any, I mean ANY ideas as to what has happened, or what I may need to do next will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Lobez

have you deleted any of your stock ringtones? can you give us any more details on what you've modded on your phone?

Sure thing, list of mods:

Vibe then ring
Outer LCD
Banner
Vid Duration
Opening and closing animation
Opening and closing audio
Volume changed from High/low to 1-7
Have ADDED ringtones with MPT, but nothing deleted (is there a file with ALL the stock ringtones that I can just overwrite with you think?)

It was a .03 that went to .04, no Obex. I don't use Obex enough to warrant having it personally so I didn't bother with the .02 flash.

It's just the oddest thing, everything works perfectly except I can't adjust the audio. Is there a file that I can view in Bitpim that would have this info? Or is it a bug do you think?

Thanks,

Lobez

Sorry to hijack your thread, but can you PM me the process to change the ring style to 1-7?

might wanna try to delete your MyTonesDB.db file with p2kcommander or bitpim, restart phone and see what happens. I think I had a prob after deleting this file though where my ringer id's for contacts were set to the next ringtone in the list compared to what they previously were.. that's about all the help I can give you though.

Third times the charm

I did delete the My Tones file, but nothing happened after it reset, originally. So I thought after your post, that I would try it again. Again, nothing happened. This morning, I removed the battery for a while, rebooted the ole PC, then made the same attempt. And, it worked!!!!! Thanks Walter!!!!

I'm beginning to think my problem is not my phone but commander, I may need to see if I can still find 3.2.6 anywhere. The .9 I'm using acts too quirky for me.

As for the volume control, JLangevin, it's easy...

Seem 2742, Bytes 90, record 0001, offset 7b, uncheck bit2, check bit7 – gives you Moto ring control (instead of low thru high, you get 1 thru 7)

I hope this helps you.

Lobez

I have a copy of p2k commander 3.2.6. I have attched the file here

Attachments

• P2kCommander-V3.2.6.zip
    134.9 KB · Views: 128

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back