Verizon image

MikeCheck

OSNN Newbie
Does anyone have the Verizon gif image (from the small screen when the phone is open). I deleted mine and figured that maybe I should keep it on my computer just in case I ever need to switch it back.

luckily I saved mine

Attachments

• verizon.gif
    verizon.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 359
MikeCheck said:
Does anyone have the Verizon gif image (from the small screen when the phone is open). I deleted mine and figured that maybe I should keep it on my computer just in case I ever need to switch it back.

Where is the file so I can delete mine :)

kritik said:
Where is the file so I can delete mine :)

a/mobile/verizon.gif BUT... NEVER DELETE VERIZON.GIF!!!! you can use bitpim to replace it with whatever you want or use http://telusv3c.blogspot.com/ to seem edit and use another name for the graphic, but DO NOT DELETE IT... to tell you the truth, I'm not really sure why you can't delete it, because I think it just reverts back to the stock motorola graphic, but I've seen DO NOT DELETE in caps and bold many times, so as a good rule of thumb, just don't do it.

Must be different on the V3c cuz i don't have anything in that DIR on the phone.

Last edited:
Alright, word to the wise, I'm still learning here but I discovered that if you delete the customer_opening.gif and closing.gif with BitPim and upload new ones it will not work. If you find urself in this scenario and want to change your animations for shutdown and start up use p2k commander and replace the files. This will work as I discovered however now the customer pics are showing up in the pictures folder and are un deleteable from phone. Arg.

Chris.

Last edited:
as a general rule, you shouldn't delete or add new files with bitpim.. for some reason it doens't work correctly 90% of the time. use bitpim to overwrite files and p2kcommander to delete and add new files.

kritik said:
Must be different on the VC3 cuz i don't have anything in that DIR on the phone.

we're talking about the Verizon V3c, so it should be in that folder.. I didn't have bitpim open in front of me at the time, but I'm pretty sure that's the folder the pic was in.

I'm using a Telus V3c. The folder is empty but I did seem edit and put an lcd.gif and it worked so I'm happy it doesn't say, "Telus" anymore with that really cheesey font.

Last edited:
haha dont delete the pic on you phone, if you want to customize it then you need to overwrite the orginal wiht a new pic. I think mike check prob deleted it off his computer right.

Attachments

• apple.gif
    apple.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 328
  • familyguy.gif
    familyguy.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 313
  • verizon.gif
    verizon.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 309
technokid88 said:
haha dont delete the pic on you phone, if you want to customize it then you need to overwrite the orginal wiht a new pic. I think mike check prob deleted it off his computer right.

Yeah, I realize u gotta overwrite the pics now. Aw well, live and learn I guess, I was just eager to get everything how I wanted it, I should have read more.
Everything is good to go now though, still can't seem to figure out why customer_opening.gif and customer_closing.gif are in my actual "Pictures" section under media. Driving me nuts.

yeah....i noticed that on mine too, i guess that a tirck verizon did so that you wont delete there pics, i think if you try to delete the pics it will make you delete them all...

kritik said:
I'm using a Telus V3c. The folder is empty but I did seem edit and put an lcd.gif and it worked so I'm happy it doesn't say, "Telus" anymore with that really cheesey font.

yeah, the Telus phones (from what I understand) use the text mode for the outer lcd.. so you were correct in doing the seem edit to allow a pic. good job

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back