News Verizon Finally Lets Out Android 2.2 Update For The Droid Incredible

Verizon Wireless started pushing out the Android 2.2 "Froyo" update for the HTC Droid Incredible phones today (Friday, 08/27/10).

The update is 93.7 MB in size & has a ton of new goodies. You will now have Flash Player 10.1 in the browser & improvements in browser speed. Recording in 720p high-def video will be enabled plus the faster 802.11n Wi-Fi will be turned on as well. The update will let you use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Now there had been rumors floating around when "Froyo" was first introduced that Verizon may not permit this, but for an extra $20 per month, you can.

To download the update, tap the "Menu" button on the lower left face of the phone (after you have unlocked it), then tap "Settings", "About Phone", "System Updates".

Now because of the way Verizon pushes out updates for different phones over several days this update may not be available to all customers on Friday.

Rejoice, the Android "Froyo" roller coaster ride is finally over. We have been patient, it's here! Almost.

Last edited:
It would probably be good if there was a link to a source for this. I realize this info is floating around all over the place, particularly on the Android news sites.

Hell the damn OTA for the Moto Driod is still going on and that's been like 3 weeks now. Hope I get mine sooooooon. :s

I don't bother with OTA, I just snag the latest cooked rom from XDA for my Nexus One. I'm not sure how the development is going on the Incredible though. Last I checked I think they had custom FW working?

Im really hoping an app comes out that enables free hotspots. Much like all the tether apps that bypass verizons 15/mo charge for similar features

froyo.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Uploaded to work site, linked from there. :)

Your image = RoboDroid. :D

My desktop wallpaper ATM. I tweaked one robodroid to be staring at da froyo robo.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 8,865
Last edited:
Uploaded to work site, linked from there. :)

Your image = RoboDroid. :D

My desktop wallpaper ATM. I tweaked one robodroid to be staring at da froyo robo.

hehe mine is this -

Attachments

• android-wallpaper4_1440x900.png
    android-wallpaper4_1440x900.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 6,930

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back