• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Verify that your virus scanner is working

tdinc

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I believe I may have posted this once before a few years ago...Its worth testing your Anti-Virus.:)

My Personal Result: I placed it on my desktop
AVG Scan picked it up deleted it and placed it in the Vault in an instant.

The EICAR virus test is a harmless text file that is detected as a virus by most AV vendors. You can use it to verify that your local virus scanner is working (just copy the string into a plain text file), check to see if your email server scans for viruses (email yourself a copy), and test if scanners detect viruses inside archives (put it inside a zip file).
www.eicar.org

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
AVG only scans files when they are executed, which is why it is low on resources. A manual scan or trying to open the file will cause AVG to quarantine/delete it.

Dublex

Quazatron R6 droid
Although interestingly, AVG does pre-scan e-mails before they are delivered ala Norton.

I just wish symantec would fix the "slap things everywhere" nature of their products as I might actually reinstall them (I have NAV and systemworks pro 06 currently off drive due to them breaking)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown