vBulletin Questions

vern

Dominus
Political Access
I'm about to migrate a forum from SMF to VB, and since we've had VB here for years now, I might as ask here first.

It seems that tutorials and documentation seem to be spread all over, so here it goes ...

1. Is there one single repository of documentation that details how one can interact with VB to add new functions?

2. How do I wrap an external page with the VB template?

3. How do I add extra data to a user's profile? Is this all templates?

4. How do I integrate external pages to use VB permissions?

A link to documentation or examples would be great. VB has them spread all over and they aren't very specific to my purposes. Thanks.

vern

Dominus
Political Access
eh, I don't want a pre-fab CMS. We have too many custom apps.

I wished VB had a well-documented API instead of paying users having to decipher their system.

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Like I said, you want vbAdvanced and you need to stop re-inventing the wheel :)

vern

Dominus
Political Access
Why would I want vbAdvanced when all I'm looking for is documentation on how VB does permissions and sessions. In phpBB, this is accomplished in around 10 lines of code. So yeah, WTB ten lines of code instead of a whole CMS and a more organized/updated VB documentation source.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR