vBulletin 3.8.6 upgrade complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Re: vBulletin 3.8.3 upgrade complete

vBulletin 3.8.4 will be released on monday and unlike the past, I will be taking the entire site offline until the upgrade process is complete.
I would like to take this opportunity and tell you all that it has been a great couple of years with you. :p

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict

I would like to take this opportunity and tell you all that it has been a great couple of years with you. :p
like-wise, its been nice knowing you all and please be safe :p

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User

vBulletin 3.8.4 will be released on monday and unlike the past, I will be taking the entire site offline until the upgrade process is complete.
in his own words

The upgrader is pretty clever this time around so you can give it a go, however regardless of whether you do an upgrade or a clean install you should always backup everything you think you might need.
:D

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Nah, its just now we have so many more templates modified, seems sensible to just leave it off for a short period while I get templates upgraded and modified.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Installing vbseo, it should work with what vb alredy has but may display incorrectly with some of my custom work, but I will fix it :)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Ok, so that was freakishly easy :D

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Seems to be working well for the most part, news rss feed doesn't currently have the new style links and on some threads the blog links down in the bottom right don't seem to work.

I am working on fixing both (latter needs crawlabiltiy help as I have no idea whats going on!)

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User

seo should work pretty good ...

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

Yeah, got some help from Crawlability to fix the issue, just need to make sure our sitemaps are correct and what not and keep tabs on it. Should be able to leave it and it will do the rest.

vBulletin update is not out yet, but once it is will start the offline work and research and then begin the updating process.

Not sure if it has anything new and exciting in, but we shall see - mostly PHP update fixes, had it been security it would have been alot sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjeksij