vBulletin 3.8.6 upgrade complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: vBulletin 3.8.3 upgrade complete

vBulletin 3.8.4 will be released on monday and unlike the past, I will be taking the entire site offline until the upgrade process is complete.

I would like to take this opportunity and tell you all that it has been a great couple of years with you. :p

I would like to take this opportunity and tell you all that it has been a great couple of years with you. :p

like-wise, its been nice knowing you all and please be safe :p

vBulletin 3.8.4 will be released on monday and unlike the past, I will be taking the entire site offline until the upgrade process is complete.

in his own words

The upgrader is pretty clever this time around so you can give it a go, however regardless of whether you do an upgrade or a clean install you should always backup everything you think you might need.

:D

Nah, its just now we have so many more templates modified, seems sensible to just leave it off for a short period while I get templates upgraded and modified.

Installing vbseo, it should work with what vb alredy has but may display incorrectly with some of my custom work, but I will fix it :)

Ok, so that was freakishly easy :D

Seems to be working well for the most part, news rss feed doesn't currently have the new style links and on some threads the blog links down in the bottom right don't seem to work.

I am working on fixing both (latter needs crawlabiltiy help as I have no idea whats going on!)

seo should work pretty good ...

Yeah, got some help from Crawlability to fix the issue, just need to make sure our sitemaps are correct and what not and keep tabs on it. Should be able to leave it and it will do the rest.

vBulletin update is not out yet, but once it is will start the offline work and research and then begin the updating process.

Not sure if it has anything new and exciting in, but we shall see - mostly PHP update fixes, had it been security it would have been alot sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back